time wasters

Old Jul 17th 2003, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default time wasters

Hi

well i have had my house on the market for 3 weeks now, i have had 12 viewings and i swear most of em just come for a nosy!
They walk around either in total silence or make reference to it being either "too small, too big, too dark, not sure about decor" etc. I give up valuable time for these visits and on top of that i am constantly cleaning up and telling the kids"don't sit there you'll make a mess" The worse ones are those that say "i really like it but i haven't put my house on the market yet!"

I know there are many on this site who are going through something similar and i just wanted to have a moan in a true "whinging pom" style!!

Best of luck to you all

ellen1
Old Jul 17th 2003, 2:12 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time wasters

Ellen

Timewasters are certainly an annoyance but don't give up hope, your buyer could be just around the corner. You never know what they are really thinking.

We were feeling the same not too long ago, and out of the blue we got an offer from the very first people to view almost 6 weeks since their viewing. They had no buyers at the time of the viewing but as soon as they got an offer they put in an offer on our place. Then on the same day we got an offer from some guys who had viewed twice who we thought were complete timewasters, but they didn't have buyers.

Hang in there, it will happen. And a bit of mess around the place won't put people off. They want to see the place in action, being lived in!

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ya

We had an offer on our bungalow in the 1st week, this couple visited 3 times, firstly on their own for 2hours, then with their daughter who doesn't live with them for 2 hours then we had the pleasure of meeting the in-laws for a futher 2 1/2 hours this was over a 3 week period.

hubby decided to give them our phone number for quickness of not having to go through the estate agents if the needed any info. DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyday she was on the phone how bigs this window, are you leaving your plant pots etc..............

After 6 weeks and having the survey done they pulled out

So hang in there and keep smiling.

Cheers

Another whingeing pom
Old Jul 17th 2003, 3:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Ours has been on for 8 weeks. We have changed agents and have had loads of viewings.
We have had an offer but from someone who has not sold 2 other couples havn't sold, but are gunning for ours when they do, its sooooooo frustrating isn't it
Old Jul 17th 2003, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours has been on for 8 weeks but so far no offers. We have had some lovely people and also some really horrible ones. Now leaving hubby to do the showing round as I was beginning to get a bit stroppy with the 'moaners'.
After this weekend we are going to change agents. Haven't been overly impressed by ours so far. We really need an offer soon as hubby finishes work in October and that's when we plan to be off. So if anybody knows anybody that wants a delightful 4 bed cottage in the heart of rural Suffolk, then give us a call!!!

Oh well chin up, perhaps my G&T will make me see more positively!!
Old Jul 17th 2003, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

keeping the place spotless is a real pain in the arse......
What's with all this showing people around?...That's what I paid the agents for, we just get out of the way and let the agent show them around.

We accepted an offer in April and have been given the promise of signing on Friday for 4 weeks now....reached the end of my tether the other day, contacted our agent and got hold of the buyers phone number, rang them and said we would give them until this Friday then it's being advertised next Week. We had a call tonight to say they have chased their buyer and will be going in to sign tomorrow ( yet another bloody Friday promise)

Sitting here spitting feathers!!!
Old Jul 17th 2003, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

The worse ones are those that say "i really like it but i haven't put my house on the market yet!"
Tell the estate shark (agents) not to send people who are not in a position to buy.

I think those that have not even put house up for sale are just out for a nosey. !
Old Jul 21st 2003, 2:20 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Try having your house on the market for 15 months- 68 viewings and 5 buyers later still not sold-having to migrate as visas expire within 2 days- current would-be purchasers saying that they'll exchange contracts before you land-then pulling out after promising exchange every week for 22 weeks-not knowing if you'll have to return to ther U.K-I could go on.

then worry

BB-three weeks-I ask yer !!

p.s it's under offer again,but go below ref no. BDP00285,if you're interested
http://www.tkhosting.co.uk/miles-barr/

Last edited by baldbutts; Jul 21st 2003 at 2:24 am.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

BB

I can't beleive how long you have been waiting, my god hopefully you'll sell soon. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Karen