Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This time tomorrow...

This time tomorrow...

Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This time tomorrow...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Good stuff.

Don't bother reporting back about your mobiles, TFN or things like that.

Just get into those dolphins and let us know how you went.
Did you know it took me over 4 bloody years to see a dolphin. I always felt cheated that people saw them in their first week!
Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
Thanks for the messages!

The goodbyes at Heathrow were horrendous especially having to say goodbye to my boys, that was heartbreaking. We arrived safely although a little stressed with the kids even though we got compliments on how good they were Staying with friends at the moment which is lovely. Viewed 2 houses yesterday one of which was really nice but tiny with no grass in the back garden (not what we want with 2 young kids) & the other was a nice size well scabby. Today I viewed another house with my friend & had to race back to get hubby to come & have a look just to make sure he liked it & we'll be taking the paperwork down the office first thing Monday morning as it was lovely, very close to the school we want our daughter to go to, backs on to a huge playing field with a park, next road from our friends & close to the shops . They've said if all is ok with our checks we could have the keys by next weekend bl**dy shame all our stuff STILL hasn't left the UK We've got another viewing booked for Tuesday (also a street away from where we're staying) which we're still going to look at incase the other one falls through.

Been out shopping today for a few replacement bits whilst we await our container & to have a look at cars - my god they're expensive!!

Everyone keeps reminding me that it's father's day tomorrow but I'm being mean & not getting hubby anything from the kids as I did father's day for him in June in the UK & don't see why he should have 2 special days

Got so much to sort out & think about still but trying to take one thing at a time. Feel really lucky we have friends here to help us out as otherwise I think it would all be a lot more daunting.

I've actually managed to get through today (so far) without any tears as I'm missing my boys so much. Bad as it sounds in some respects I think my daughter cutting me off a couple of months ago has actually made leaving her behind a little bit easier for now but it will catch up with me at some point.

Right best get back to my glass of wine

Alison x
My family also wouldn't budge on anything I wanted today.

Good luck and congratulations! I know how it feels looking for stuff like mad.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Did you know it took me over 4 bloody years to see a dolphin. I always felt cheated that people saw them in their first week!
You can see it is a sore point with me too.