Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tickets on sale for England V S.Africa

Tickets on sale for England V S.Africa

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Tickets on sale for England V S.Africa

My kind deed for the day

For all you people in Aus (I think renith was one of them)who wanted to buy England v S.Africa match and they were sold out ... they have just released more tickets to that match- so get your arses in gear if you want to buy them, before this lot has sold out too ....be Quick!!!!

Here's the email I received off ticketek (it's yesterdays email - the 1st) :
.................................................. .....

More tickets to some of the most popular Rugby World Cup 2003 Pool matches such as Australia versus Ireland in Melbourne and England versus South Africa in Perth will go on sale today at 9am AEST.

Nine matches, previously oversubscribed, will have a limited amount of tickets back on sale today.

To date 1.75 million tickets have been sold for the Tournament that begins with the Opening Ceremony and Match on October 10th and concludes with the Final on November 22nd.

Managing Director and CEO of the ARU John O'Neill said that this is likely to be the last chance to secure tickets to the bigger Pool matches.

"The response to date has been overwhelming," he said. "You can really sense the excitement building as October 10th draws closer and we urge all Australians to be part of it."

However he cautioned that tickets to be released today were likely to be extremely limited.

"Many matches are close to full capacity, and ticket availability for these matches is likely to be only in the hundreds or low thousands.

Additional tickets for the Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Final are expected to be available early in November.

"If extra tickets for these matches do become available we will release them on the Tuesday prior to the match taking place," Mr O'Neill explained.

Tickets going on sale tomorrow include matches previously not available.

Tickets will be available by purchasing via telephone, in person at the ticketing outlet or on the internet.

For details as to ticket availability, click here

.................................................. .........................

(ticket master for this match in Perth/Melbourne) http://www.ticketmaster7.com/custom/rwc/

ticketek for the rest of us

Anyway thought I'd let you know.. no need to thank me, as I'm cheering for S.Africa to beat England ( well what do you expect from a welsh person lol)

seriously though, if you are looking to buy them... go and purchase these tickets now. They will probably be gone by tomorrow.

cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:15 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Tickets on sale for England V S.Africa

Thought I'd add this too, I must have a twisted sense of humour, but I thought this was funny (from the bbc sport site)... ("ohhh boys it's just like Porthcawl - cold mun" . "The seats on the plane were Loveleey though".) lol
.................................................. .....................

The Welsh squad have arrived in Sydney for their World Cup campaign after enjoying a comfortable flight.
The players were keen to praise the new bed-type seats used on their British Airways plane, 6'5" second-row Chris Wyatt saying it was "brilliant, the best flight I've ever had - I got plenty of rest and sleep."

After landing, Wales headed out to the Sydney beach resort of Manly where the squad unwound with stretching and swimming sessions.

Conditions were far from tropical, though, one squad member saying that it felt like Porthcawl's Trecco Bay!

.................................................. ...............

And another one below . we may be Sh*te but we are always optimistic..lol ... gawd I love this guy.. he always reminds me of "Kevin the gerbil" ... "Good 'ere in it"

Former Wales fly-half Jonathan Davies believes his countrymen could upset England in their anticipated quarter-final.

Wales are favoured to finish second in Pool D at the tournament - behind New Zealand but ahead of Italy, Tonga and Canada - while England are tipped to top Pool C.

If the two sides live up to expectations, they are set for a showdown at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

England have won the last five meetings between the two sides and will be heavily backed to make it six.

But Davies told the BBC Sport website: "If Wales come through their group having won three games, their confidence will have been boosted.

"All of a sudden they'll be up against England with nothing to lose. They ran them close in the Six Nations - well, closer than previous seasons anyway - so it will be interesting.

"If Wales perform well as a team against England you never know. You always get one or two upsets in a World Cup. That's what makes it such a fantastic tournament."

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 2nd 2003 at 2:19 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Ceri, we have a similar character trait. When it comes to rugby I've spent an entire life cheering on anyone against Wales what do you expect from someone from England). In recent years its become a most fruitful pastime.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I look forward to England playing Australia and NZ not an Kiwi B side with welsh relatives.