Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I suppose it is, compared to the 80 m2 we had in the UK (that included the land!)
Exactly.

The average Pom has never even seen a 224 m2 house - let alone lived in one!

British homes are the smallest in Europe with only an average usable floor space of 76m2 according to a new report by Bradford & Bingley. The Italians lead the rest of Europe with the most space - an average of 92m2 per dwelling, over a fifth larger than the Brits enjoy.

The report undertaken by the Centre for Economics & Business Research for Bradford & Bingley compares the UK property market to Germany, France, Italy and Spain. It reveals British living space per home is 12 per cent smaller than the average Spanish home, 14 per cent smaller than in Germany and 16 per cent smaller than in France.

Moreover, the gap between the UK and the continent is widening with new homes in France, Germany and Spain getting bigger. On average, newly built homes in France and Germany have over 100m2 of usable floor space, while in Spain modern homes have 95m2. In Britain, new homes remain the same size as existing properties at 76m2.
Bradford & Bingley.

That was in 2002 - and I doubt much has changed since then.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:46 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by sassie
I am really sorry. I honestly didn't mean to offend you. I am sure your new home will be lovely and like everyone else, I look forward to following your post as the build progresses. I wish you every success and hope things run smoothly.
No worries
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:54 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Exactly.

The average Pom has never even seen a 224 m2 house - let alone lived in one!

British homes are the smallest in Europe with only an average usable floor space of 76m2 according to a new report by Bradford & Bingley. The Italians lead the rest of Europe with the most space - an average of 92m2 per dwelling, over a fifth larger than the Brits enjoy.

The report undertaken by the Centre for Economics & Business Research for Bradford & Bingley compares the UK property market to Germany, France, Italy and Spain. It reveals British living space per home is 12 per cent smaller than the average Spanish home, 14 per cent smaller than in Germany and 16 per cent smaller than in France.

Moreover, the gap between the UK and the continent is widening with new homes in France, Germany and Spain getting bigger. On average, newly built homes in France and Germany have over 100m2 of usable floor space, while in Spain modern homes have 95m2. In Britain, new homes remain the same size as existing properties at 76m2.
Bradford & Bingley.

That was in 2002 - and I doubt much has changed since then.
I know. Houses in the UK are like matchboxes compared to over here

I read the average size of a house in Oz in 2005, was 228 m2. (Building Commission 2005) So I'm not far off that
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:04 am

I think, while we are waiting for the builders to get their acts together, I'll post a few pictures of the surrounding areas
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-image023.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-03.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-10.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:43 am

and a few more...
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-23.02.07-002.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-image020.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-06.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:17 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you see Perths very own Uluru from your new pad ?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Hi Tia,

The surrounding areas look great!! How far is Somerly from Perth itself??

Tracey
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi Tia,

Tracey
From Somerly to Clarkson train station 3-5 min walk, 35 mins to the city by train. By car 40 min to an hr depending on traffic.

John
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Can you see Perths very own Uluru from your new pad ?
No thankfully not!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi Tia,

Tracey
34 km/ 35 mins on the train
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:47 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

No thankfully not!
Nor can we
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:47 am

Well I went up there today, to see if they had started leveling out the land, and saw the tractor again, over the other side

The man was standing next to it, so you'll never believe it....I went and had a chat with him!

I asked him if he knew anything about our plot, and he said he'd only been given the plans for the blocks of land he was on. He asked who we were building with and I told him. He said that the plots he was leveling out, were for the same company, and it may be that he gets the plans for our lot next week!

Fingers crossed it will happen soon.
WOOHOO!

Guess what?!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:57 am

We went up to visit the plot and the digger was there, flattening our piece of land!

He stopped the digger and shouted hello to us both. He said he'd received the plans today for the four houses in our group....and he knew how excited I was about the build, so he'd started our plot first!!

He seems a really canny bloke! Although reminds me a bit of Brutus from popeye!

So finally the process has begun.....Yippee!!
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-140%7Ebrutus-popeye-posters.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:12 am

Almost forgot the photo's, lol
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-26.02.07-001.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-26.02.07-003.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-26.02.07-004.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:22 am

And some more....

It's so nice to get rid of that pile of rubbish! (although it will get worse again before it gets better )

See if you can spot Brutus
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-26.02.07-005.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-26.02.07-007.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-26.02.07-009.jpg  

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Feb 26th 2007 at 10:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.