Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old May 8th 2007, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Went past today and they have connected the site power, and delivered internal door frames.

Must be gonna start soon...really hope so
All systems go then eh?
Old May 8th 2007, 3:22 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
All systems go then eh?
Look on previous page and see what you think

Fingers crossed it starts before end of the week
Old May 8th 2007, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Look on previous page and see what you think

Fingers crossed it starts before end of the week
It's getting there - slowly but it's getting there
Old May 8th 2007, 9:25 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.......is it mad half hour or something!

Just waiting for annqldau to chip in now, and that's everyone
not mad half hour - just mad all the time!
Old May 8th 2007, 9:29 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL.......is it mad half hour or something!

Just waiting for annqldau to chip in now, and that's everyone
Personally I think you should get out there and finish it yourself you are being far to patient, get your doc martins on and a donkey jacket and get to work...
Old May 9th 2007, 9:07 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
It's getting there - slowly but it's getting there
That wasn't a picture of ours by the way. It was the one nextdoor.

We should be starting very soon (if not already, as I haven't checked yet today )
Old May 9th 2007, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
Personally I think you should get out there and finish it yourself you are being far to patient, get your doc martins on and a donkey jacket and get to work...
Ah bugger....left my donkey jacket back in Uk!
Old May 10th 2007, 8:26 pm

Cool Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Ah bugger....left my donkey jacket back in Uk!
Thought you would need it in Perth on a dialy basis in case the weather got a tad chilly... .

Here's a picture of our new dog build, he's the smaller of the two.
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-red-kira.jpg  
Old May 11th 2007, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
Thought you would need it in Perth on a dialy basis in case the weather got a tad chilly... .

Here's a picture of our new dog build, he's the smaller of the two.
Perth is normally warmer than your neck of the woods

That dog is so cute! Looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth (more like )
Old May 14th 2007, 8:41 pm

Perth is normally warmer than your neck of the woods

That dog is so cute! Looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth (more like )
Nah! 27 at the moment not really chilly yet.
Old May 15th 2007, 4:13 am

Getting sooo fed up of waiting
Old May 15th 2007, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

I sooo feel for you - but if it's any consolation once they finally start the bricks they do seem to move quite quickly. Not sure it's such a good thing you living so close now tho! We live about 10 mins drive (out of our way) and have been going to our site about twice a week - we were going more often and it was driving me bananas as they didn't look like they were doing anything. Ours has just been locked up - they started the bricks in Feb after the slab was laid in Nov - so we had a long wait too. Hang in there...... looking forward to seeing your pics.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muppett
I sooo feel for you - but if it's any consolation once they finally start the bricks they do seem to move quite quickly. Not sure it's such a good thing you living so close now tho! We live about 10 mins drive (out of our way) and have been going to our site about twice a week - we were going more often and it was driving me bananas as they didn't look like they were doing anything. Ours has just been locked up - they started the bricks in Feb after the slab was laid in Nov - so we had a long wait too. Hang in there...... looking forward to seeing your pics.
The one piece of advice that I wish our builders had given us at the beginning (instead of at the end which is what they actually did ) Was not to visit every day because there won't be work going on every day, there will be times when weeks will go by without anything happening but it is just a natural part of the building process. Visiting once a week is a much better idea because the chances are you will see some progress but visiting every day will just end up upsetting you when nothing has changed We have been in our house for a few weeks now and it is all well worth it in the end!
Old May 15th 2007, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

I knew we shouldn't visit every few days because of the reasons you mentioned but we just couldn't help ourselves. Now it's not so frequent especially with the nights getting darker earlier. I think it's easier said than done
Old May 15th 2007, 6:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muppett
I knew we shouldn't visit every few days because of the reasons you mentioned but we just couldn't help ourselves. Now it's not so frequent especially with the nights getting darker earlier. I think it's easier said than done
You really *need* to be on site 24/7 to see where things are going wrong and be in a position to get them put right before they are "locked in". We had really major defects being put in during the foundations and suspended floor construction, the windows and plumbing. If we'd just left it to the builders we would have been none the wiser but I reckon the place would be coming apart in five years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.