Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:14 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by herrchook
Nice holes
They are nice if I do say so myself
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:21 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Is the slab behind it in the picture next door's house?

Buzzy
Actually, There's a path in between us and them, not a road
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:50 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
They are nice if I do say so myself
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
Thought you were giggling at our photo's there

Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:18 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Slab has dried out a bit more today, so we thought we'd take a picture of each other on it

(Me and hubby)

Oh and just realised, hubby forgot to smile
All that sunshine and Chris is wearing a BLACK t-shirt!!!! blokes never get any better do they?!

Adele x
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
All that sunshine and Chris is wearing a BLACK t-shirt!!!! blokes never get any better do they?!

Adele x
TELL ME ABOUT IT!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:22 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

TELL ME ABOUT IT!
Bet he's minging... .
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by annqldau
Bet he's minging... .
My hubby isn't minging! :curse:

Much
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:28 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby isn't minging! :curse:

Much

Wouldn't bet on it wearing a black t-shirt in the sun... .
Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

How far on are you with yours? and who are you building with?
We're building with Sterling Homes in Adelaide.

A couple of photos for anyone who's interested.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8EYt2jhmzasJq
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by annqldau
Wouldn't bet on it wearing a black t-shirt in the sun... .
He wasn't, as he wears this excellent thing called deodorant

It's really good, you should try it!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by marco121068
We're building with Sterling Homes in Adelaide.

A couple of photos for anyone who's interested.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8EYt2jhmzasJq
Great pictures! And you have a lovely sea view

Have you got a date for completion?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:42 am

Got a message from the builder to say that the next step of the house build wouldn't happen until the slab had 'cured for some time' and the bricks were delivered

Anybody know how long it takes for a slab to 'cure'

More waiting? It's gonna kill me!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Got a message from the builder to say that the next step of the house build wouldn't happen until the slab had 'cured for some time' and the bricks were delivered

Anybody know how long it takes for a slab to 'cure'

More waiting? It's gonna kill me!
I think they like to leave it 7 to 10 days to cure. Ours got a damn good curing as it was 2 months till the bricks were delivered. But, don't worry once the bricks start the process seems to fly by. Our roof trusses are now finished, and the electrician goes in at the end of the week, then the colourbond goes on. I'm sure it will slow up again at lock-up though, but it actually looks like a house now which is quite exciting.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Muppett
I think they like to leave it 7 to 10 days to cure. Ours got a damn good curing as it was 2 months till the bricks were delivered. But, don't worry once the bricks start the process seems to fly by. Our roof trusses are now finished, and the electrician goes in at the end of the week, then the colourbond goes on. I'm sure it will slow up again at lock-up though, but it actually looks like a house now which is quite exciting.
Thank god for that! I was expecting it to be ages when he said that!

Yours sounds like it's coming on really well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.