Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

this thread is me whinging

this thread is me whinging

Old May 27th 2005, 7:44 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default this thread is me whinging

DO NOT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YA

this eveing after half a bottle of jacks the hubby and his cousin decided to go out to the local nighty, so I came upstairs had a shower, got all dolled up to go and join them, just as I had finished using a tonne and a half of slap I walk out of the bedroom to give myself a last minute checkover in the bathroom mirror and hear very heavy rain. I look out of the wondow to check the rain and see nothing so go back to the bathroom to hear the same very heavy rain, a little confused I hang out ot the window to see no rain but still hear running water, so downstairs I trot in me high heals with handbag nicely positioned on the shoulder to see what can only be described as a flooded garden, I look to see where "the rain" is coming from to find a burst pipe 5 ft from the mains with water spraying from it onto the closed kitchen window, pouring through and soaking the kitchen. Anyway to cut all my crap story telling shite out I decide that it is time to call hubby who runs home from nighty and we decide a plumber is in order.

Geraldton white pages lists no less than SIX 24 hr plumbers. BOLLOX is all I can say, it is now 3.40 AM and in 2 1/2 hrs I have still not got a plumber,(they dont answer the phone on a Friday night it seems) so I am sitting here in a backpackers with 28 guests who are gonna wake up soon to discover they cannot even go to the loo as I have no water.

OHHH yet again the joys of living in a so called "city" in country WA.

OK whinge over, and thank god for Jack Daniels

Kala
Old May 27th 2005, 7:48 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: this thread is me whinging

Poor you, hope you get a plumber soon.

Does your hubby know you are spending the night with Mr Daniels.
It must be really liberated out there in oz

Louise
Old May 27th 2005, 7:59 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by louise4
Poor you, hope you get a plumber soon.

Does your hubby know you are spending the night with Mr Daniels.
It must be really liberated out there in oz

Louise
I'm thinking that I can give up on any hope of a plumber until at least 6am (which also means that I might aswell stay up for the next 2hrs with Mr Daniles)

Hubby doesn't mind as it means he gets the bed to himself although he might change his mind at about 10 am 2moro when I pass out (hopefully after a shower) leaving him to look after the backpackers
Old May 27th 2005, 9:40 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'm thinking that I can give up on any hope of a plumber until at least 6am (which also means that I might aswell stay up for the next 2hrs with Mr Daniles)

Hubby doesn't mind as it means he gets the bed to himself although he might change his mind at about 10 am 2moro when I pass out (hopefully after a shower) leaving him to look after the backpackers

Then the beggars will hit you with a callout fee PLUS their regular charges PLUS a surcharge for working on Saturday. Cost me over $80 for two minutes work for after-hours lockie to remove a broken deadbolt so I could get into my flat once. Think you may need to see Mr Daniels again after the bill gets in.
Old May 27th 2005, 9:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Then the beggars will hit you with a callout fee PLUS their regular charges PLUS a surcharge for working on Saturday. Cost me over $80 for two minutes work for after-hours lockie to remove a broken deadbolt so I could get into my flat once. Think you may need to see Mr Daniels again after the bill gets in.
Its great money aint it.....
Old May 27th 2005, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

DO NOT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YA

I look to see where "the rain" is coming from to find a burst pipe 5 ft from the mains with water spraying from it onto the closed kitchen window, pouring through and soaking the kitchen.

OK whinge over, and thank god for Jack Daniels

Kala
On whose "side" of the Mains is the break located ??
Old May 27th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

i'llget me trunks.....l;ol
Old May 28th 2005, 1:04 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

so I am sitting here in a backpackers with 28 guests who are gonna wake up soon to discover they cannot even go to the loo as I have no water.
Actually, by the sound of it you have plenty of water - just not where you want it .
Old May 28th 2005, 3:46 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Its great money aint it.....
Yeh, in the wrong line of work. Thought only the politicians ripped people off.
Old May 28th 2005, 4:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear

Geraldton a city?! ha ha ha ha ha he he he!!!!! lol

sorry, can't think of anything helpful to say

Hope you're feeling alright now....!!
Old May 28th 2005, 6:21 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Simone
oh dear

Geraldton a city?! ha ha ha ha ha he he he!!!!! lol

Exactly!!!

Well I managed to stay up until 5.30am where I fell asleep at the computer. The plumber came at 8am and fixed the leak

I am not paying for it as any of the plumbing up to the taps is the landlords responsibility, I am however paying for it with a monster Hangover.

Kala