Thread closed

Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:39 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thread closed

I see that the thread on Manly rubbish has been closed.

I guess it's forum policy that anything without the RT specs on is not-to-be-aired?

It's over 20 years since 1984!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:55 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Thread closed

Originally Posted by Rog Williams

I guess it's forum policy that anything without the RT specs on is not-to-be-aired?

To be fair, I think the reason it was closed may have been more to do with the comments about " foul and aggressive language " being asserted, rather than the rubbish itself.

Did that come out the right way I'm not saying that your thread was rubbish, as comments on rubbish are very valid and not rubbish in themselves.

I'll stop while (I think) i'm ahead

Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:16 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
To be fair, I think the reason it was closed may have been more to do with the comments about " foul and aggressive language " being asserted, rather than the rubbish itself.

Did that come out the right way I'm not saying that your thread was rubbish, as comments on rubbish are very valid and not rubbish in themselves.

I'll stop while (I think) i'm ahead
Lol, ABCD, might be a good idea!

I reckon the mods must be getting a tad 'sherked' off with certain thread spoilers!

Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:55 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Another thread closed

Would it not have been possible for the bad language to have been deleted rather than the whole thread closed?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:26 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I must have missed the bad language. Shame!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I must have missed the bad language. Shame!
There was no bad language.

Someone was trying to start a row though.

G
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:57 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Grayling
There was no bad language.

Someone was trying to start a row though.

G
Apologies. I misunderstood. ABCD mentioned it may have been closed due to comments about " foul and aggressive language " rather than bad language itself.

Rog, have you asked the moderators why it was closed rather than moved?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:27 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mine is not to reason why...

Interesting that Manly council has put up several banners in the last few days exhorting people to take away their garbage and not to throw butts down.

Also interesting to note the rubbish lying around in the evening any day - not just NYE.

Interesting too, talking to several local shopkeepers, cleaners etc - all of whom say the place has become a slum these last couple of years. Various comments such as "I am not paid to dispose of the needles", "every morning I have to sweep up the glass and vomit" and so on.

Manly has been a shock to the system. By day it is a sunny Blackpool, by night it has more of the feel of Harlem. Looking on the good side, it's got to be better when we get out of the place!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:31 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Looking on the good side, it's got to be better when we get out of the place!
Are you moving Rog?