Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Quantas

Thoughts on Quantas

Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thoughts on Quantas

We flew with Qantus when we went to Australia nearly 4 years ago. The last leg on the way home between Singapore and Heathrow was with BA. Qantus were so much better. We were told that we couldn't pre-book seats but we phoned them before we left and asked if it would be possible to get the exit row seats as my husband is 6 foot 6 and needs the extra lef room. That was fine and the seats were booked for us when we checked in.

The plane was modern and there was a good choice of films and games on the individual screens. The staff were really nice too.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeresaG
We flew with Qantus when we went to Australia nearly 4 years ago. The last leg on the way home between Singapore and Heathrow was with BA. Qantus were so much better. We were told that we couldn't pre-book seats but we phoned them before we left and asked if it would be possible to get the exit row seats as my husband is 6 foot 6 and needs the extra lef room. That was fine and the seats were booked for us when we checked in.

The plane was modern and there was a good choice of films and games on the individual screens. The staff were really nice too.
We did a round the world a couple of years ago (london - perth - sydney - tokyo - london) and the internal flight was Qantas (no worries) and the flight back from Tokyo (no worries). Everything else was BA, and don't even get me started.

So yes, no problem at all with Qantas (although they're not as good as Emirates by a huge, huge stretch, they're just not dire), but I won't fly with them as I risk getting a BA plane and I swear I will never ever set foot on one of them again unless it's an absolute emergeny.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:06 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Thoughts on Quantas

Originally Posted by thribble
I risk getting a BA plane and I swear I will never ever set foot on one of them again unless it's an absolute emergeny.
I flew BA when I was 14 years old and they gave me free cigarettes which I was most impressed by!!!

Buzzy
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I flew BA when I was 14 years old and they gave me free cigarettes which I was most impressed by!!!

Buzzy
I had problems getting a free cup of coffee out of BA!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

We fly BA from Newcastle to London but then have Quantas from London-Hongkong-Melbourne.
On the travel docs it says BA only on the UK leg and the rest Quatas.
Can some one clarify if on the travel docs it says Quantas we will get Quantas? This will be my first flight over and im nervous enough
Mandy
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
We fly BA from Newcastle to London but then have Quantas from London-Hongkong-Melbourne.
Can some one clarify if on the travel docs it says Quantas we will get Quantas? This will be my first flight over and im nervous enough
Mandy
I believe that if they're specifying for you then it'll be qantas - but I could be wrong.

You will be fine - let's face it, no airline is perfect! My only tip with BA/Qantas would be to take some food with you, sandwiches or something, just incase they forget to feed you, like BA did with us - 17 hours with one meal :scared: Other than that, the staff were pretty helpful (although I didn't get any free fags, sadly).

And you just have to remember - it's only one day. Then you're off the plane and away. I love Emirates, but I sat next to a man on my last flight who spent 5 of the 7 hours we shared telling me how much he hated Emirates, what a terrible time he had and how he'd never fly them again. It's all about the trip, the timing, and it's different for each individual!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Mandy
Definitely Qantas because as I say, BA planes no longer fly here
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Definitely Qantas because as I say, BA planes no longer fly here

Thanks guys,
Mandy
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Quick And Nasty Transportation Australian Style
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santa
Quick And Nasty Transportation Australian Style
I don't rate them at all & put them on a par with BA. ie sh*te. They are okay for domestic flights (best airline for Perth-Sydney as they use the A330), but internationally they are crap. Miserable flight crew with attitude, crap food etc. I would not fly them out of choice.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:42 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we flew Qantas/BA with three little kids and Qantas were superb even on the internal flight but BA are the biggest load of shite and we would never use them again,infact we could of flown Qantas/BA the last time but we paid a little bit more to fly with singapore airlines instead and it was money well spent,singapore were great
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Can anyone give me opinions on flying with Quantas. We're flying with them on 1st Sept
never had any probs except that can run out of meals!! we had the choice of beef or beef or would you like beef, no i wouldn't actually so I asked if they had a spare veggie dish which they did - I'm not veggie but would have preferred the chicken dish.

this has happened twice - trust us to sit in the wrong seat - the last time the bloke in front of me had the last fish dish
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:24 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

In my view they are on a par with BA (in division 2) they will feed and water you and get you there in 1 peice but they do lack a certain something that Singapore and Emirates offer.

Originally Posted by framac
Can anyone give me opinions on flying with Quantas. We're flying with them on 1st Sept
Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:57 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Internal flights are good..

I did long haul with them on a round the world, and they were ok.. but gotta say, Singapore airlines and the likes are far better.

K
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Thoughts on Quantas

I know this thread is about Qantas, but I couldn't help and comment about what people have written about BA. I live in the US and I fly BA every time I go back to the UK. I fly back to Europe twice a year and have flown most US airlines over the years. Let me just say, compared to the US airlines BA is luxury. Travelling on American Airlines or US Airways to the UK is like taking a Greyhound bus or worse. Not much is free and the planes are dirty, the entertainment is awful (US Airways do offer better entertainment on their Airbus aircraft). Believe me guys, it could be worse. You could be stuck on a US aircraft! Happy flying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.