Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those left behind.....

For those left behind.....

Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy

I got so much support here when my mum was ill - don't know if Icould have copied without out it. Guess I just need a wee bit more support now....
Bundy, please don't ever ever think that the support isn't here. I guess we were all more open about it with your mum, but we are here for you too, always have been. I know what a support this forum is, I couldn't cope without some of you guys sometimes, and I know that just like there are people out there sending supportive thoughts my way, there are also many people doing the same for you.
We find out two things at times like this, when we are really low - the first is that we find out just how much inner strength we posess, to keep going whatever life throws at us. The second is discovering how many true friends are there. Even if I don't say it often enough, I still think about you, and pray things are going OK, and always read your posts - and I know I'm not the only one. Hang in there mate, cling to that dream of the wedding, and Nundle. It'll come true, you'll see.

Lots of big hugs coming your way,
Polly
xx
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: For those left behind.....

Originally posted by bundy
Thing is, we've been planning our move back for nearly 5 years now and it's driving me mad! I had my whole application ready to post, then my mum got sick and it all went on hold. I can't even bring myself to look through the application at the moment, the whole thing depresses me so much. Just want to be there, not hang around for another year.

But you're right, the last year has flashed by so this one will too, and once I get my visa, the ball will really get rolling and it'll fly by.

Hi Bundy,

I know exactly how you feel. We should have been off last January, but my father died unexpectedly so I naturally put it on hold. Fortunately my house hadn't sold (I bet you wont hear that sentance repeated often on this forum) so it wasnt a problem to stay on. We are now planning to go out next January (05).

It is funny how things seem to happen for a reason.

We hadnt sold our house and because of events it was a godsend
We therefore had to validate our Visas and take a trip in April. Managed to persuade my Mum to come out too and she liked it and now really understands why we want to go and is really cool about it (she is gonna come out a couple of times a year).
Bought a house during validation trip and so now when we go over the stress is much less as we know exactly where we are gonna be living etc.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:53 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Anya, Polly. I just get downhearted about things and need a bit of a boost. Friends who don't get emigrating and have never been to Oz just can't understand why I get so down about it! So that's why it helps being on here with others who know what this emigration lark is all about.

Polly - you're so right about the bad times showing you the good friends etc. It's certainly sorted out amongst my friends the ones you can rely on and the ones you can't. But I've made so many friends from this forum too - you guys probably know more about my life at this moment than some of the people I've known for years!

I know we'll get there, and that the Great Nundle Expats Bash will come rolling round before we know it, but it can be hard to remember that at times.

And Anya. This weather. What's going on???!!!! I'm wearing all my winter clothes - black, black, and more black. NO wonder I'm depressed!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by darkless
Hi Bundy,

I know exactly how you feel. We should have been off last January, but my father died unexpectedly so I naturally put it on hold. Fortunately my house hadn't sold (I bet you wont hear that sentance repeated often on this forum) so it wasnt a problem to stay on. We are now planning to go out next January (05).

It is funny how things seem to happen for a reason.

We hadnt sold our house and because of events it was a godsend
We therefore had to validate our Visas and take a trip in April. Managed to persuade my Mum to come out too and she liked it and now really understands why we want to go and is really cool about it (she is gonna come out a couple of times a year).
Bought a house during validation trip and so now when we go over the stress is much less as we know exactly where we are gonna be living etc.

That sad darkless, sorry to hear about your dad. All the plans go out the window, don't they? You know they have to, and you don't resent it, but there's still this sense of frustration having got so close to going. Sometimes it does border on resentment, and then I hate myself for it!

Like you, there are positives in us staying. I should get PR straight off. We'll have saved more money. I get to spend a year in the same town as my younger brother, which I'm really happy about. I'm closer and more open with my family than ever before. I've got more work qualifications under my belt. We can get married over here before we go.

But at the end of the day, I just don't want to be here, whatever the positives. I'd just rather be in Oz.

At least me and you will be sat here clinging to this soggy lump of rock for a few more months together, even if everyone else goes!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:12 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

and you are a day closer to your dream than you were yesterday
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:13 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by walaj
and you are a day closer to your dream than you were yesterday

Yes, suppose so! I've tried that method though, and it isn't much of a consolation when I think that we should be in Oz right this moment...and there are a lot of days between now and next August!