Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those left behind.....

For those left behind.....

Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Me............I am in no mans land. house will be completed in acouple of weeks time, have resigned from work, and given up the kids school places. Bond was lodged 14/07/04
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:09 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Me............I am in no mans land. house will be completed in acouple of weeks time, have resigned from work, and given up the kids school places. Bond was lodged 14/07/04

Crikey Sandra....your house is going through quick!!! If you get tired wandering the streets because you're homeless you can always knock on my door....I can run to a bowl of hot soup and a mug of tea!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:11 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Disappeared for a bit there because I was talking to our mate Loose, another one of the ones about to head for Oz. He still hasn't started packing, btw, but he says so say hello!

No man's land is not a happy place to be, that's for sure. I find the staying positive part is the hardest, simply because I've got nothing to focus on until I get my visa, and I can't apply for that yet. So it's a waiting game.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by artep
Crikey Sandra....your house is going through quick!!! If you get tired wandering the streets because you're homeless you can always knock on my door....I can run to a bowl of hot soup and a mug of tea!!

Things got VERY manic yesterday, was told we hAVE to be out. Couldnt find anywhere to go, got stressed out, all got too much, got home from work, stood in the doorway.................and cried like a baby!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:25 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Things got VERY manic yesterday, was told we hAVE to be out. Couldnt find anywhere to go, got stressed out, all got too much, got home from work, stood in the doorway.................and cried like a baby!!!!
Oh Sandra!!! You poor bugger!

What have you got sorted?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Think we can move into rented a bit earlier, but that gives us just a week to `do it all`, packing, finalising accounts, the lot. Wouldnt mind but can get time off work, a bit worried about leaving the boys in a flat in southsea that has no fone or tv. this is during the last week of July. Tried to explain things to solicitors, but they werent that interetsed. And when I say I had no sleep last night, that means NO SLEEP!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:35 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Think we can move into rented a bit earlier, but that gives us just a week to `do it all`, packing, finalising accounts, the lot. Wouldnt mind but can get time off work, a bit worried about leaving the boys in a flat in southsea that has no fone or tv. this is during the last week of July. Tried to explain things to solicitors, but they werent that interetsed. And when I say I had no sleep last night, that means NO SLEEP!!!

Blimey Sandra, what a trauma! Anything we can do to help (admittedly wrong side of the country, but wanted to offer).
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:36 am
....is FAB

You have just 1 week to do everything?? :scared: ....Good Luck! Get back on to your solicitor if he's not pulling his weight...after all its what you're paying him for.

If there's anything I can do....gimmie a shout!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:38 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bundy
Disappeared for a bit there because I was talking to our mate Loose, another one of the ones about to head for Oz. He still hasn't started packing, btw, but he says so say hello!

No man's land is not a happy place to be, that's for sure. I find the staying positive part is the hardest, simply because I've got nothing to focus on until I get my visa, and I can't apply for that yet. So it's a waiting game.

Bundy

I hope you don't mind my input to you today. I don't post too often but your last posts have caught my attention lately.

I have read your recent threads and can tell you are really down.

I took the liberty this morning of reading your February thread when you received the news regarding your mum's illness. I certainly shed a few tears this morning reading it. I wasn't around at that difficult time.

Its 5 months now since the shock of your mums illness, and thank god she is now recovering, but I think now is the time when you need some support for yourself, after the stress, the worry and putting yourself last its quite natural for you to feel fed up and down. It must be hard for you to see the lucky ones jetting off when it should have been you, but I am sure you won't regret being there for your mum. She must be so proud of you. But also when the pressure is off this can be the time when you can start to get very down.

Bundy you say you have nothing to focus on, would it be possible for Mr Bundy to arrange a little weekend away for the two of you, I'm sure you have probably shed loads of money back and forth for your mum but It sounds like you need to recharge your batterys. Sometimes you have to put yourself first.

Also try to focus on the wedding as well, this should give you something to aim for.

I know that a lot of the older regular posters are not on here as much as they were, but even us fairly new ones can be a shoulder to cry on if you need it.

Hang in there and all will work out.

Julia
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for that Bundy..............just blitz the house for me!!!!

Not happy being put under this much pressure, but really cant afford to lose my buyer. Not the way the house market is. They are all trying to help at home. My eldest, Toby, cleared out the writing bureau. He really thought he had been helpful. `Cleared all the stuff out for you mum` he said (For me????????) Oh thanks Hun, said I Where did you put it.
Oh, I just slung it all over the table.

`Do I get a fiver for helping` Says he.

Helping.helping?????????????
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

PaulaJ will become famous soon enoughPaulaJ will become famous soon enough

Bundy-

I know my situation isn't exactly the same as yours but I will not even lodge my visa application for nearly a year as we want to be married five years first (you can guarantee it will go out on that day though). Until then it feel like we are in limbo. We won't be staying here much longer yet we can't start our new life in OZ. I have found since we made the final decision to move my ability to "live in the now" has gone down the toilet. I'm working on that. Wish I could offer you some support. Best of luck with your journey.

Paula

Last edited by PaulaJ; Jul 15th 2004 at 11:43 am.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I would also like to add that without the support of the people on this site..............I would have cracked up long ago.

I have very strong bonds for those that attend the `ladies nights`and know that would also include most others on this site should I be lucky enough to meet up. And you know who you are!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:49 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Springo
Bundy

I hope you don't mind my input to you today. I don't post too often but your last posts have caught my attention lately.

I have read your recent threads and can tell you are really down.

I took the liberty this morning of reading your February thread when you received the news regarding your mum's illness. I certainly shed a few tears this morning reading it. I wasn't around at that difficult time.

Its 5 months now since the shock of your mums illness, and thank god she is now recovering, but I think now is the time when you need some support for yourself, after the stress, the worry and putting yourself last its quite natural for you to feel fed up and down. It must be hard for you to see the lucky ones jetting off when it should have been you, but I am sure you won't regret being there for your mum. She must be so proud of you. But also when the pressure is off this can be the time when you can start to get very down.

Bundy you say you have nothing to focus on, would it be possible for Mr Bundy to arrange a little weekend away for the two of you, I'm sure you have probably shed loads of money back and forth for your mum but It sounds like you need to recharge your batterys. Sometimes you have to put yourself first.

Also try to focus on the wedding as well, this should give you something to aim for.

I know that a lot of the older regular posters are not on here as much as they were, but even us fairly new ones can be a shoulder to cry on if you need it.

Hang in there and all will work out.

Julia

Hi Julia,

That helps, it really does. I think the problem is that I still haven't taken the time to sort myself out after a stressful few months. I came back from Jersey and launched straight into my busy time at work. I had a bit of a wobble in May, but I think another one might be due. It's the fact that we would have gone last week that's really getting me down. I don't think I've ever really stopped to think just how hard the last few months have been - I've been too busy sorting everyone else out. You're right, the pressure is off now, and it's now that I'm feeling the lowest of all.

It's not helped by the fact that I hate my job! I wasn't supposed to be doing another summer schools, but here I am, stuck running them again when I really would rather be anywhere else. Just got to ride it out until I hit my quiet time in September. Plus Mr B and I are so busy at this time of year that we barely get to see each other, let alone go away together. And yes, I spent a fortune shuttling back and forth to Jersey so the funds are limited too, and to be honest, I spend my life organising things and I just can't muster the strength to organise time away for us both (Mr B is hopeless at that kind of stuff).

To top it all my best friend, currently in Sydney, is having a major trauma in her life and I can't do anything to help her. It's painful. I feel like I need to be split in two and there isn't enough of me to go around.

I have got the wedding to aim for, but at the moment it seems like this monumental task that will need more organising and I just don't have the energy at the moment. It'll get better, once the summer schools are over and I have more spare time.

I'm no good at putting myself first, never have been, even though I know I need to. I just keep ploughing on, getting stuck back together by the good people on this forum.

I got so much support here when my mum was ill - don't know if Icould have copied without out it. Guess I just need a wee bit more support now....
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:52 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by PaulaJ
Bundy-

I know my situation isn't exactly the same as yours but I will not even lodge my visa application for nearly a year as we want to be married five years first (you can guarantee it will go out on that day though). Until then it feel like we are in limbo. We won't be staying here much longer yet we can't start our new life in OZ. I have found since we made the final decision to move my ability to "live in the now" has gone down the toilet. I'm working on that. Wish I could offer you some support. Best of luck with your journey.

Paula

It's hard, isn't it Paula? And I feel so ungrateful! I don't have a bad life over here, it just isn't the life for me. In some respects, my mum getting sick has taught me to live for the moment, but I'm not much good at it. I worry about the future, esp when I don't know what the future is going to hold....

The best support is just knowing there are people around and others in the same situation.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:31 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: For those left behind.....

Originally posted by bundy
I think it's the Got Its that have been getting me down. That and the fact that so many forum buddies are there or on their way - Loose, Simone, MMW & Anya, Bananas, Pollyana, Pollster.....
Yes, we have only 3 weeks to go (and about 6 months worth of tasks to get thru between now & then.... YIKES :scared: )

However, looking back over the last year since we started all this, it really has flown. I'm sure it'll be the same for you, Bundy. I'm the same, though, not at all good at playing the waiting game, & have to find lots of distracting things to do in order to stay sane!

Dunno about you, but I hate this time of year in the UK, anyway, which does not help. I call it the 'sludgy time', when the weather's often rubbish, and life seems to into summer hibernation: it's very hard to get any serious business done because people are either away, about to be away or just can't be bothered. These dark gloomy days don't help at all - the all-day cloud cover & need to have the lights on all the time really seems to darken my mood! At least last year we had the sunshine.....

Am sure you'll feel better come September, especially f we have one of those sunny, golden Autumns that can be so cheering.

Can I recommend one of my fave forms of therapy? Sneak out of work for a while during the week, and go walk round the gardens at Anglesey Abbey. Always spritually replenishing, in any weather....

Chin up gal - will be your turn to depart these shores before you know it.

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.