Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving from REDCLIFFE to CALOUNDRA

Thinking of moving from REDCLIFFE to CALOUNDRA

Old Apr 1st 2013, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Rach.n.Gaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving from REDCLIFFE to CALOUNDRA

Any advice or info anyone can give on the CALOUNDRA area would be greatly appreciated. Particularly Little Mountain. We consist of me, hubby and 2 kids, boy 11, girl 5. Lived in Redcliffe for almost 8 years so it's time for a change. Have mixed feelings about Redcliffe as I also work here and will continue to if we move. Still really like the place but have never got used to some of the 'locals'. Especially the oddballs and undesirables. Having moved over from Manchester it's still like paradise compared to there! But I would like a place with a bigger yard and established trees. I'd like to have a bit of nature nearby but not be secluded from other families. Would like the kids to have other kids to play out with on the streets and go in each others houses, etc. Plus like minded people for us to make friends with. Hubby would commute to Brisbane for as long as he can stay in his current job, which he loves. I have an idea what CALOUNDRA is like from visiting many times over the years but it doesn't give you a sense of what it's like to live there. Would love some feedback.
Cheers
Rachel
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thinking of moving from REDCLIFFE to CALOUNDRA

Lived here 9 years. It is gorgeous, paradise in fact. However as long as you are moving with jobs then that's OK. I lived in Little mountain and loved it now in Currimundi. I am from Wigan originally. Good spot as close to the beach and good schools close by, meridan college and talara. Or Pacific Lutheran for private. We have the oddballs too, like any place. My only grip about here is the lack of culture, yes its beach but I would like to go to a restaurant that doesn't shut on me at 8.45pm and try and kick me out. Apart from that love and lucky to live here.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Rach.n.Gaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, I never have got used to everything closing early! Brisbane's ok but you could fire a cannon down Redcliffe Pde at 9pm and hit no-one! I thought Caloundra would be different with the tourists, etc. Thanks for the insight Carrianne. We'll make a few day trips up that way and try to get a feel for the place. Can you tell me, are there plenty of shops in the Little Mountain area or do you have to drive to bigger shopping centers etc?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Currimundi market place has everything you need.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 11:45 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rach.n.Gaz
Haha, I never have got used to everything closing early! Brisbane's ok but you could fire a cannon down Redcliffe Pde at 9pm and hit no-one! I thought Caloundra would be different with the tourists, etc. Thanks for the insight Carrianne. We'll make a few day trips up that way and try to get a feel for the place. Can you tell me, are there plenty of shops in the Little Mountain area or do you have to drive to bigger shopping centers etc?
yep its beautiful - just what carrianne said - yes there's a few shops around little mountain now - and just over the way at bellvista too, even a new tavern... and we have plenty of footy teams for the hubby to join if he's keen...the main thing is work as always, and if your hubby's still goin to travel to bris its a pain of a drive, at least an hour and 30 mins on a good day
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice or info anyone can give on the CALOUNDRA area would be greatly appreciated. Particularly Little Mountain. We consist of me, hubby and 2 kids, boy 11, girl 5. Lived in Redcliffe for almost 8 years so it's time for a change. Have mixed feelings about Redcliffe as I also work here and will continue to if we move. Still really like the place but have never got used to some of the 'locals'. Especially the oddballs and undesirables. Having moved over from Manchester it's still like paradise compared to there! But I would like a place with a bigger yard and established trees. I'd like to have a bit of nature nearby but not be secluded from other families. Would like the kids to have other kids to play out with on the streets and go in each others houses, etc. Plus like minded people for us to make friends with. Hubby would commute to Brisbane for as long as he can stay in his current job, which he loves. I have an idea what CALOUNDRA is like from visiting many times over the years but it doesn't give you a sense of what it's like to live there. Would love some feedback.
Cheers
Rachel
I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but someone on here made that exact move off memory
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:29 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Rachel
Redcliffe has more than its fair share of oddballs and undesirables as well! 2 less though since we 'ponged'!