Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thinking fo moving to the Gold Coast.

Thinking fo moving to the Gold Coast.

Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default Thinking fo moving to the Gold Coast.

Thinking of moving to Queensland any area's you could recommend looking at spending around $450000 for a house.I have 2 children 12-17 so need things for them younger been into skateboarding.Want to be near transport husband a chef.
How bad is to cope with humidaty in Summer?We have been livign in perth 8 years and loved but considering a change.Nice to be near some English also.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thinking fo moving to the Gold Coast.

Originally Posted by shade8
Thinking of moving to Queensland any area's you could recommend looking at spending around $450000 for a house.I have 2 children 12-17 so need things for them younger been into skateboarding.Want to be near transport husband a chef.
How bad is to cope with humidaty in Summer?We have been livign in perth 8 years and loved but considering a change.Nice to be near some English also.
Best to wait till you get here to decide where to live, great believer in gut feeling. Humidity this year not a problem last year was a lot hotter but not to bad at all. English and Kiwis are everywhere with a sprinkling of springboks and Aussies ( though none of them from the gold coast originally ).
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:52 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karenjc
Best to wait till you get here to decide where to live, great believer in gut feeling. Humidity this year not a problem last year was a lot hotter but not to bad at all. English and Kiwis are everywhere with a sprinkling of springboks and Aussies ( though none of them from the gold coast originally ).
hi karen were hoping to move to robina or mermaid waters but some friends have decided pacific pines can you tell me what the biggest differences are in these areas?
any help would be appreciated , just were going to rent for weeks in mermaid waters then find a location we want to be in for a longer rental
lesley
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
hi karen were hoping to move to robina or mermaid waters but some friends have decided pacific pines can you tell me what the biggest differences are in these areas?
any help would be appreciated , just were going to rent for weeks in mermaid waters then find a location we want to be in for a longer rental
lesley
Its Karens other half.. Quill, but i will try to give you my thoughts. Pac pines is a little closer to Brisbane and really a new area that is still growing. With the exception of one or two people on here who slag it of i think you will find most people will say its a very decent area with everything you may require. Personally i think its the same as Robina but not as established as its a newish area thats still developing and just a little bit further from the beaches ( but only a bit ) . Mermaid is a nice area and closer to the beach, but to be honest they are all good areas and you would be happy in any of them. As you would be anywhere really on the coast as in my opinion its a fantastic place to live. Quill..
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:52 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

If you are looking to move to north end of Gold Coast drop me a email. We have rentals in that area and also houses for sale.

Suni.
[email protected]
www.yourmoverealty.com.au
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shade8
Hi,

We have been living at Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast for for nearly a year and half and we are really happy with the area. 4 bedroom houses in the area we live are generally between $360 and $500k ish, more than that if you want to be on waterfront.

Lots of kids in the area are in to skateboarding and there is a skateboarding park at Coomera (there seems to be a few of them around the Gold Coast).

The humidity when we arrived in November 2005 was pretty bad and as it was snowing when we left for the airport in England we were definitely thrown in at the deep end. In a way I think it helped us as we hit the worst of the heat immediately, so just accepted it. I also think that you soon become acclimatised anyway.

Julia
Old May 4th 2007, 10:43 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Info on Robina here :

http://www.intheheartofrobina.com.au

Nick