Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qualifications in UK or Aus?

Qualifications in UK or Aus?

Old May 4th 2007, 10:12 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Question Qualifications in UK or Aus?

Hi, just looking for some advice please.

We hope to migrate next year to Perth or Adelaide on a 136 visa with my hubbys trade he is a plant mechanic. I would like to get work in childcare but I am not qualified just experienced (3 kids).

My question is.... should I get qualified as a nursery nurse in the uk or do it in Aus once there? If I do it in the uk would I need to meet the work experience criteria of 12 months out of the last 24 or is that only for the main visa applicant?

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help.

thanks in advance

ob
Old May 4th 2007, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifications in UK or Aus?

do it in Aus as the work experience part of the course will give you contacts for future jobs, and you won't be comparing the UK way with the Aus way of doing things once you are working. When in Rome .....

Ian
Old May 4th 2007, 11:37 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifications in UK or Aus?

Do the Australian qualifications. UK doesnt mean a lot and you would have to get it transferred and recognised anyhow to join any associations, insurance etc. That applies to most industries and especially childcare I think since a couple of poms at the local gym were bemoaning the fact they cant get employment with the UK qualification they have without doing that.