Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things not going to plan at the moment.........

Things not going to plan at the moment.........

Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:00 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Things not going to plan at the moment.........

We should have exchanged contracts last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday none of which happened and there was no excuse for it not to happen yesterday but guess what it did'nt as the people in the chain are disagreeing on moving dates We wouldnt mind but we wanted to move by mid May!! :curse: The latest completion date on the table is June 27th
We wanted to complete before this as we need to be in Australia before 30th June.

So it looks like we will have to fly out before we finalise everything, not something we really wanted to do......

Has anybody else flown out after exchange of contracts but before a completion date?
If so how did you manage to sort out things like final bills, changing your money to dollars, etc.......

Why do some things never go to plan?!!!!!!!

Thanks C x
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Things not going to plan at the moment.........

Originally Posted by shiels
We should have exchanged contracts last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday none of which happened and there was no excuse for it not to happen yesterday but guess what it did'nt as the people in the chain are disagreeing on moving dates We wouldnt mind but we wanted to move by mid May!! :curse: The latest completion date on the table is June 27th
We wanted to complete before this as we need to be in Australia before 30th June.

So it looks like we will have to fly out before we finalise everything, not something we really wanted to do......

Has anybody else flown out after exchange of contracts but before a completion date?
If so how did you manage to sort out things like final bills, changing your money to dollars, etc.......

Thanks C x
These things always happen, don't they?

Can you not stay until you have completed? Or have you already booked your flights?

The same thing happened to me, but i told the people buying my house that if they didn't complete on the day we wanted, then i would pull out. I know this sounds drastic, but it worked i tell ya.
Leaving things to complete whilst you are in another country is tricky.
Pull out all the stops if you can before you leave, it will be less stress all round.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:08 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Karma sent C

We are due to complete 9 days after flying so will be watching this thread with interest.

I have set up as much as I can online but expect to make quite a few long distance phone calls .

N.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:14 am
skye

We have not sold yet, so have left the solicitor with power of attorney over everything with all our instructions, communication will be via email. Utilities have been advised of our leaving date and DD instructions cancelled.

Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks C x
Oh...I hope it ll sorts itself out. Good luck with it all and let us know what happens! K sent.
Bex
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks C x
Hey don't give up hope yet - we completed on one day and flew out 2 days later!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:05 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hey don't give up hope yet - we completed on one day and flew out 2 days later!
So did you change your money and settle your bills when you got to Aus? C x
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Claire - thinking of you - hope it all works out alright, I am sure it will in the end and you will look back and laugh at it! Do you have to be there by 30th June to validate? Or have you booked flights already?
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:11 am
Just Joined

yorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to all

Hi

We were the same....completed and flew out 2 days later. Yes we changed our money when we got here and paid our bills from here aswell.
It all worked out really well in the end.

Yorkies
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:26 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by RachelH
Claire - thinking of you - hope it all works out alright, I am sure it will in the end and you will look back and laugh at it! Do you have to be there by 30th June to validate? Or have you booked flights already?
Two reasons really, one to validate before 1st July and the other is we are meant to be loooking after relatives place while they are away in the UK!! C x
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

oh I see.........well take heart htat lots of other people seem to have managed to sort it out from afar. Have you booked flights yet? Let us know.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:36 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

So it looks like we will have to fly out before we finalise everything.

When you move out, you take your readings of gas and electric (and water meter if applicable). Then on the morning (UK time) of the completion date, you would have to phone gas, electric, water from Oz and give them the readings.

Other companies, like phone company and council tax you can tell the completion date in advance.

You need to set up mail redirection with Royal Mail so you get the final bills and refunds (if they send cheques rather than paying it straight into your bank account).

You can change the money over the internet. You need internet banking enabled on your bank account. And make sure that you have a high daily limit for internet banking. (NatWest only allow you to transfer out up to £10,000 via internet banking.)

A better way is to set up your account with Ozforex before you go, get their account details, and then ask your solicitor to transfer your money from the housesale directly into the Ozforex account.

Gina
Old Jun 12th 2007, 8:40 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh poor you C - it really seems to be taking ages
i hope it all sorts itself out asap for you - maybe you should try telling everyone a date and stamping your feet.
however i have sen others on here who have left it all to be sorted out and gone - but its a hard thing to do
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:01 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks C x

I really feel for you-I've bought and sold 4 times in last 8 years with this happening every time. I cant undertand why the process is so lengthy in UK-in Aus and some Euro countries what takes us 4 months takes only 1

Fingers crossed for a speedy completion for you!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

I know how you're feeling. we should have exchanged last week but didn't. I'm just trying to get hold of our solicitor now. Its driving me mad :curse:!! Hope it all falls into place for you soon.

Tasha x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.