Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And they call it WORK!

And they call it WORK!

Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And they call it WORK!

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I really hope you are joking

I've to wear a suit next week, I've been hanging around in shorts and T-Shirt for a year, now the first time I've to wear a suit you tell me its going to be warm
Back in court again mate... told you that white powder wasn't talcom.
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DevMountain
Stay out woody - we've hijacked this thread and it's now a job's board!

Anway...

...we are always on the lookout for talented staff in most areas of IT - we're a multinational company with an IT department of about 35 staff and very low staff turnover.

However, we are in Melbourne, but don't let that put you off!

Our aim is to atract and retain the best IT staff that we can. I can honestly say that they are the best company I have ever worked for and I can't see myself leaving for a long time yet!

If you are looking for work, my advise is to get your CV around the companies yourself, as in my experience the agencies are complete pants!
Seek is good, but you must expect to be doing that hard work looking for work yourself.

Recruitemnt agencies and estate agents work totally different here in my opinion - you get either here working as they do in the UK and the Aussies won't know what hit 'em!
Ok you can nip down for a beer & sort my computer one day.

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
I think two of the large banks now have Scots in charge thats why the freebies might be cut.

Yes indeedy. Small world and all that. My Father in Law , who is Hong Kongese says Scots are the best bankers in the world. My Father who is Scots agrees

The new guy in charge of National is taking the typical Scots route of cutting everything to the bone. I'd prefer if he got rid of the ineffectual middle management.

Get me in for a week and I'd identify 100 middle managers who could be sacked. I have 50 names in my head already

Last edited by A dogs life; Aug 25th 2005 at 11:44 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DevMountain
Stay out woody - we've hijacked this thread and it's now a job's board!

Anway...

...we are always on the lookout for talented staff in most areas of IT - we're a multinational company with an IT department of about 35 staff and very low staff turnover.

However, we are in Melbourne, but don't let that put you off!

Our aim is to atract and retain the best IT staff that we can. I can honestly say that they are the best company I have ever worked for and I can't see myself leaving for a long time yet!

If you are looking for work, my advise is to get your CV around the companies yourself, as in my experience the agencies are complete pants!
Seek is good, but you must expect to be doing that hard work looking for work yourself.

Recruitemnt agencies and estate agents work totally different here in my opinion - you get either here working as they do in the UK and the Aussies won't know what hit 'em!
Ah, I hadn't spotted your location

Yeah I have only spoken to a couple of agencies deliberately - one has been very good (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on something right now) and the other was pretty poor. I was offered a job yesterday but the money was crap and I wasn't happy with some other things. Got another interview with a large financial institution in the city Monday morning so something will come up. I only started looking proper last week really.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:46 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
Back in court again mate... told you that white powder wasn't talcom.

Its the heat and the sweat and the courtroom which worries me. I'm gonna look guilty as hell.

And it really was a consignment of sherbet dips
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:47 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Ok you can nip down for a beer & sort my computer one day.
Anytime you need some help, let me know

Originally Posted by wmoore
Ah, I hadn't spotted your location

Yeah I have only spoken to a couple of agencies deliberately - one has been very good (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on something right now) and the other was pretty poor. I was offered a job yesterday but the money was crap and I wasn't happy with some other things. Got another interview with a large financial institution in the city Monday morning so something will come up. I only started looking proper last week really.
Best of luck to you! Keep us posted with your progress.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Yes indeedy. Small world and all that. My Father in Law , who is Hong Kongese says Scots are the best bankers in the world. My Father who is Scots agrees

The new guy in charge of National is taking the typical Scots route of cutting everything to the bone. I'd prefer if he got rid of the ineffectual middle management.

Get me in for a week and I'd identify 100 middle managers who could be sacked. I have 50 names in my head already
I know what you mean, my daughter works for NAB so Ive heard some of the stories.