Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are there too many Australia sub-forums

View Poll Results: Are there too many sub-forums?
Too many
57.00%
About right
33.00%
Too few
10.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Are there too many Australia sub-forums

Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:20 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are there too many Australia sub-forums

Originally Posted by Bix
Friend of mine has never posted on here.
She is a nurse and wants advice on visas.
Would like to meet people in similar circumstances.
She has been here several months and would like to discuss her new life but unfortunately she is prone to rabbitting on about drivel.
Can also be quite controversial especially on sport.

Told her it's no problem. Just start a thread in the...........

Immigration, Barbie, Lifestyle, Nurses, G'day mate, Meet ups, Update, TIO and Locker room forums.

Yes, there are far too many.
maybe we need to be able to post a single thread to multiple forums at the same time?
Old Jan 10th 2007, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
I eagerly await the following sub-forums:
  • Lettuce is a rip-off
  • Got it!!!!111!!1
  • Shipping [Possibly with a sub-sub-forum just for people asking if they should ship everything or start from scratch]
  • Water down the plughole
  • My son/daughter/husband/wife isn't settling in/is getting bullied/can't find work
  • Cheese
  • Mooncups

I'm surprised you left out:

- The range of shops (or lack of) therapy board
- "If I see another BBQ or beach I'll scream" refuge corner
- 101 things you hate about Australia and more exciting polls
Old Jan 10th 2007, 2:54 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
I'm surprised you left out:

- The range of shops (or lack of) therapy board
- "If I see another BBQ or beach I'll scream" refuge corner
- 101 things you hate about Australia and more exciting polls
I'd quite like to see the back of the 'G'day Mate' forum because unless you're going to get some members to become a 'Welcome committee' specifically for that area, then sadly it's going to become completely overlooked.
When I was a newbie here, i think my first post was a terrified/nervous one about spouse visas in the visa bit, which JAJ and Moneypen answered. I didn't need to do the whole 'Hello, my name's iPom/life story' thing because where's the interest in answering that?

People who want to introduce themselves here do so quite adequately in their opening posts I find.

Yes, too many forums.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
I'd quite like to see the back of the 'G'day Mate' forum because unless you're going to get some members to become a 'Welcome committee' specifically for that area, then sadly it's going to become completely overlooked.
When I was a newbie here, i think my first post was a terrified/nervous one about spouse visas in the visa bit, which JAJ and Moneypen answered. I didn't need to do the whole 'Hello, my name's iPom/life story' thing because where's the interest in answering that?

People who want to introduce themselves here do so quite adequately in their opening posts I find.

Yes, too many forums.
Sorry to interrupt but "wow" on funky pong and I tried some American disposable mooncup type things which were very disappointing, too flat I think.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 3:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
maybe we need to be able to post a single thread to multiple forums at the same time?
Too difficult - people will answer in one forum and not in another

Personally (as me not as a Mod) I think we could absorb the newbie one into the Lifestyle one, as they are usually asking other questions as well, not just introducing themselves.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:03 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Personally (as me not as a Mod) I think we could absorb the newbie one into the Lifestyle one, as they are usually asking other questions as well, not just introducing themselves.
no no no, the same thread appears in more than one forum
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I like that idea.. but only if the threads involved are limited to the Barbie and the MBTTUK boards.. now that would be interesting :scared:
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Naaa, then you'll have people replying and then wondering where their reply is, unless you can get it to appear in both. Then how does the replyee keep track of who's replied?
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:49 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Naaa, then you'll have people replying and then wondering where their reply is, unless you can get it to appear in both. Then how does the replyee keep track of who's replied?
The thread would run in both boards, in real time. Its simple enough to do. It wouldn't look any different to any thread now.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The thread would run in both boards, in real time. Its simple enough to do. It wouldn't look any different to any thread now.
Too freaky. Why not just have one thread?
Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:14 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I agree with Polly about doing away with the newbie section and as Ipom says, a newbie can introduce themselves when they post / answer a thread.
Tracey
Old Jan 10th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Yes, too many forums.
I agree. You find one on most forums, and almost nobody reads them!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

If your going to do that you may as well go back to the whole lot being just one forum and have to read through a thosand posts!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:11 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Shite yeah 2 was nuff , nuff said
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:16 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
I eagerly await the following sub-forums:
  • Lettuce is a rip-off
  • Got it!!!!111!!1
  • Shipping [Possibly with a sub-sub-forum just for people asking if they should ship everything or start from scratch]
  • Water down the plughole
  • My son/daughter/husband/wife isn't settling in/is getting bullied/can't find work
  • Cheese
  • Mooncups
Well done Hutch pleased you mentioned Mooncups... .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.