Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a Primark or equivalent in Oz?

Is there a Primark or equivalent in Oz?

Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Default Is there a Primark or equivalent in Oz?

Hi folks,

was wondering if there was a Primark or equivalent in Oz?

As I have 4 kids I find their clothes brilliant and you don't mind if they wreck them, you just go and buy more cos they are so cheap

We hope to go to Victoria, Mornington Peninsula area next summer 2008.

Thank you for your time,

Crocodileseamus
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:05 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a Primark or equivalent in Oz?

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
Hi folks,

As I have 4 kids I find their clothes brilliant and you don't mind if they wreck them, you just go and buy more cos they are so cheap

Thank you for your time,

Crocodileseamus
Big W, Target, and K mart are all reasonably priced shops for clothes in general.

There may be cheaper but I couldn't really comment as I haven't looked for kids clothes yet
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi folks,

Thank you for your time,

Crocodileseamus
I hope so, they have cheap trendy stuff not just for kids but me too Summer stuff, lasts the summer, sometimes longer, but for what it costs that is fine. Can now bin summer stuff and have an excuse to go and buy winter stuff

Tracy - Jason's OH
Old Oct 21st 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks,

Thank you for your time,

Crocodileseamus

I hope so to, Primarni just love it
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:13 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I hope so, they have cheap trendy stuff not just for kids but me too Summer stuff, lasts the summer, sometimes longer, but for what it costs that is fine. Can now bin summer stuff and have an excuse to go and buy winter stuff

Tracy - Jason's OH
Wouldn't worry about looking 'trendy' out here.....no-one else seems to bother!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Wouldn't worry about looking 'trendy' out here.....no-one else seems to bother!
PJ's seems to be the clothing here!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stitch
PJ's seems to be the clothing here!

Cheers

Ginny
Hope Jason doesn't read this thread - he is already having a go at me to cull my wardrobe, before we arrive
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:28 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

Thank you for your time,

Crocodileseamus
No there isnt stock up before you come.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:39 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

....there are cheap shops, Lowes and Best&Less spring to mind - but the stuff they sell is seriously nasty, not in any way equivalent to Primark.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
....there are cheap shops, Lowes and Best&Less spring to mind - but the stuff they sell is seriously nasty, not in any way equivalent to Primark.
Totally agree with bcworld, you can find cheap but decent from any of those shops mention, I think most things are starts from $20, & it does adds up, so stock up well.
but once you are living here, does it matter, you have to get use to the prices, & IMO it doesnt shock you as much, maybe just a little.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

annb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant futureannb has a brilliant future

no no and NO, there is nothing remotely like a Primark over here, its tragic!!! If only Primark would see sense and open up over here. Yes others might tell you there are cheap shops like Best and Less ...but they are not even remotely like Primark!! I just got some fab tshirts my mum sent me from Primark that cost 1 pound each!! 1 pound you cannot even leave things on the shelves for that price...and dont even get me started on how cheap the kids clothes are. Best and Less mostly sell nasty looking kids clothes that fall apart or look washed out after 2 or 3 wears
STock up on your Primark and make sure you have someone in the UK to send you more!!
Sorry for rambling!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks,

Thank you for your time,

Crocodileseamus
not as cheap as primark which is ridiculously cheap but K-mart is pretty good. We have one here and the missus is a big up top and a size 10 and found lots of great tops pretty cheap. Good t-shirts and shirtsd for me too.

Target is more expensive and in my opinion is far poorer quality than k-mart.

There are plenty of terendy young shops iif you look for them. We live in the middle of nowhere and still find bargains. Thats the fun.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:47 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is - with Primark - you don't walk in hoping you will land a bargain - you expect it.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

ontheup will become famous soon enough

we spent almost £700 in rimark ready for the off, had to stock up and make it last... woman at the counter almost had a fit when she saw all the baskets. Kids looked like elves loading santas sleigh then again there is a few of us in the family.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:33 am
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

in Aus you will find that people dp want a person to be paid a fair days rate for a fair days work. been part of the culture for many years and until recently you could buy a lot of australian made stuff.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...007146,00.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.