Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a good calculator online that could work out your take home?

Is there a good calculator online that could work out your take home?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there a good calculator online that could work out your take home?

Originally Posted by jayr
NORMALLY super is 9% and it comes out of the employee's salary. SOME employers quote SUPER as a seaprate amount and some consider it included in total salry (which some call TOTAL REMUNERATION).

If salary INCLUDES super and total salary is 100,000, then the TAXABLE salry is 100,000/1.09 or $91,743. The other $8256 is what goes into his Super account.

The $91743 is then taxable; the first $6000 is tax free.

Use the spreadsheet and enter the TOTAL annual salary and then the super % (normally 9%) and the rest gets calculated for you.

I am not promising complete accuracy (not least I have not included medicare) but it will be very close in gettign your take home banked money correct.

You can then also use the spreadsheet to see the impact of asking for more ANNUAL SALARY and how it impacts on take home pay.

PM me if you require specific assistance
I think that must be what my employer does, at least when I add 9 % it comes out within $20 of the pay I was getting last year (without that it's a good $100 shy). So bloody complicated!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Is there a good calculator online that could work out your take home?

Superannuation

Your employer must pay super for you if you are eligible. To be eligible you must be:
  • aged 18 years or over but under 70 years of age, and
  • paid at least $450 (before tax) in a calendar month.
If you are eligible for super, your employer must pay a minimum of 9% of your earnings for your ordinary hours of work into your super account each quarter. These payments are also called super guarantee payments.

Generally, you can choose the super fund you want your super contributions paid into as long as it is a complying super fund

Eligible temporary residents can access their superannuation (subject to withholding tax) when they permanently leave Australia.

http://www.australia.gov.au/Superannuation
http://www.ato.gov.au/super/

If the Government chooses to increase the Super %, it is the employer who pays it. It does not reduce your income.