Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Gold Coast - Work - Admin - Happy

The Gold Coast - Work - Admin - Happy

Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:12 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Gold Coast - Work - Admin - Happy

Is there ANYONE who can put a tick to all of these?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gold Coast - Work - Admin - Happy

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
No

3 out of 4 though
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
No

3 out of 4 though
I take it you missed out on " work "
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
I take it you missed out on " work "

Cheeky bugger

yeah
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

I am interested in responses to this thread...............!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
I am interested in responses to this thread...............!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't seem anyone wants to comment
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

woody123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm also interested in this thread! Please someone reply with some info or should I think about going to another state? OH is a brickie & I'd be looking for admin job. Is this a good combination for Queensland or a waste of time??

Thanks

Jules
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gold coast - Yes
Work - yes after 6 mths of looking and load of jobs applied
Admin - yes but would have settled for anything
Happy - with work? No
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

gold coast.... absolutely love it
work .... lucky to have secured a job from the UK, but love it too
Admin.... no I am in sales
Happy..... yep.. no regrets.. life on the gold coast suits us..
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Spill the beans Paul, this thread is very cryptic.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Gold Coast - Yes!
Work - Yes!
Admin - Yes!
Happy - Very Happy!

Sue
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulhill
Gold Coast - Yes!
Work - Yes!
Admin - Yes!
Happy - Very Happy!

Sue
Gosh! ... it exists! ...

Well from what I've seen OH go through in last 3 years I guess you are VERY lucky!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Spill the beans Paul, this thread is very cryptic.
Oh just wanted to see if it exists as I say.

Nic is once again out of work. She walked out ... no, I told her to leave!! ... as her health is more important. The company had bought her to tears and anyone who knows her will know she isn't a tearful person, so she / we don't need that so she is once again unemployed.

We're giving the Gold Coast one more year and if she aint got a half decent job we'll move state.

LOVELY place to live the Goldie, but the work ethic stinks big time, and the closer you get to admin, the more it smells like a dead dog!

It baffles me how someone with years of experience in admin. Worked in the head offices of big UK co's, held down jobs for 5 / 6 years can get soooooooooo many knock backs with job she applies for here here, and when she finally gets a job ... is expected to put up with some REAL crap!

The funny thing is, we used study to get us into the country. We used to worry what I was gonna do for a living after it all. We kinda knew (huh!!!!) with all Nic's experience she'll have no prob's finding work, but I'll just have to see how it goes.

The irony of it all is I'VE secured a decent job with good prospects etc etc ... am VERY happy there and all the rest, but poor Nic has gone thru more jobs here than I think she ever had in the UK! ... and as I say is ONCE AGAIN out of work and stuck to the PC / SEEK etc

She doesn't want a 'top job' ... she doesn't want a 'cushty job' ... she doesn't want an 'easy ride' ... or anything like that ... she simply wants a full time permanent job in the field of admin! ... is it REALLY that hard here???????????????

A job where she won't be doing 1.5 persons work! A job where if you take your full (as the contact says) hours lunch ... people say "oooh no, they don't like you to take more than half hour!" ... A job where if you work over your finish time you actually get paid for it! ... it's not simply expected and to be done for free! ... Or even a job where she isn't stood over by her boss and told to "shut her mouth" because when getting the blame for someone else's cockup ... and simply states it wasn't HER doing ... she get's that from the boss! ... :curse:

Bullshit.

One more year!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gosh! ... it exists! ...

Well from what I've seen OH go through in last 3 years I guess you are VERY lucky!

Oh just wanted to see if it exists as I say.

Nic is once again out of work. She walked out ... no, I told her to leave!! ... as her health is more important. The company had bought her to tears and anyone who knows her will know she isn't a tearful person, so she / we don't need that so she is once again unemployed.

We're giving the Gold Coast one more year and if she aint got a half decent job we'll move state.

LOVELY place to live the Goldie, but the work ethic stinks big time, and the closer you get to admin, the more it smells like a dead dog!

It baffles me how someone with years of experience in admin. Worked in the head offices of big UK co's, held down jobs for 5 / 6 years can get soooooooooo many knock backs with job she applies for here here, and when she finally gets a job ... is expected to put up with some REAL crap!

The funny thing is, we used study to get us into the country. We used to worry what I was gonna do for a living after it all. We kinda knew (huh!!!!) with all Nic's experience she'll have no prob's finding work, but I'll just have to see how it goes.

The irony of it all is I'VE secured a decent job with good prospects etc etc ... am VERY happy there and all the rest, but poor Nic has gone thru more jobs here than I think she ever had in the UK! ... and as I say is ONCE AGAIN out of work and stuck to the PC / SEEK etc

She doesn't want a 'top job' ... she doesn't want a 'cushty job' ... she doesn't want an 'easy ride' ... or anything like that ... she simply wants a full time permanent job in the field of admin! ... is it REALLY that hard here???????????????

A job where she won't be doing 1.5 persons work! A job where if you take your full (as the contact says) hours lunch ... people say "oooh no, they don't like you to take more than half hour!" ... A job where if you work over your finish time you actually get paid for it! ... it's not simply expected and to be done for free! ... Or even a job where she isn't stood over by her boss and told to "shut her mouth" because when getting the blame for someone else's cockup ... and simply states it wasn't HER doing ... she get's that from the boss! ... :curse:

Bullshit.

One more year!
Bloody hell Paul! no wonder she's p'eed off. I would be too.

It took me a while to get that first job here, but once I did I haven't really been out of work since. I still work for an agency though, good thing about it is that if I don't like a job I ring the agency and say I'm not going back - although I have only done that once.

I actually get a bit frustrated with it all because even though I'm the temp I have more dedication and loyalty to the companies I work for than their permanent staff I have know the girls in my office to take 2 - 3 hours lunch and then come back and gossip for a good 15/20 minutes before they start work again. Me, I have 30 minutes lunch break and if I leave 10 minutes early I will only put what I've worked down - I must be mental!

I got told off today, for doing something I was told to do I got an e-mail telling me not do something when that's the exact instructions I got - so I said: I'm sorry, I was following orders from my boss. As you know I am only a temp so don't really know what I'm doing and rely on the people that have worked here for 2 years to guide me. I appologise for any error I have made by following the guidelines, and next time I will check with you before I do anything

I got a real compliment with my CV at the last 3 jobs - all have asked who did it for me as they thought it was professionally done. If you think it will help I will forward a copy and Nic can take a look and see if she can revamp hers a little - see if it helps. Or I will gladly take a look for her if she would prefer. It might not help at all, but I'm willing to try if you want
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
Bloody hell Paul! no wonder she's p'eed off. I would be too.

It took me a while to get that first job here, but once I did I haven't really been out of work since. I still work for an agency though, good thing about it is that if I don't like a job I ring the agency and say I'm not going back - although I have only done that once.

I actually get a bit frustrated with it all because even though I'm the temp I have more dedication and loyalty to the companies I work for than their permanent staff I have know the girls in my office to take 2 - 3 hours lunch and then come back and gossip for a good 15/20 minutes before they start work again. Me, I have 30 minutes lunch break and if I leave 10 minutes early I will only put what I've worked down - I must be mental!

I got told off today, for doing something I was told to do I got an e-mail telling me not do something when that's the exact instructions I got - so I said: I'm sorry, I was following orders from my boss. As you know I am only a temp so don't really know what I'm doing and rely on the people that have worked here for 2 years to guide me. I appologise for any error I have made by following the guidelines, and next time I will check with you before I do anything

I got a real compliment with my CV at the last 3 jobs - all have asked who did it for me as they thought it was professionally done. If you think it will help I will forward a copy and Nic can take a look and see if she can revamp hers a little - see if it helps. Or I will gladly take a look for her if she would prefer. It might not help at all, but I'm willing to try if you want
P'eed off is putting it lightly, but yeah.

Maybe she should give temping a go, i'll see what she says.

Oh and I'll pm you me email, that CV sounds like it's worth a nose thru if you don't mind. To be honest I reckon her CV / resume is fine, but what do I know!

Thanks Wendy ...
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

P'eed off is putting it lightly, but yeah.

Maybe she should give temping a go, i'll see what she says.

Oh and I'll pm you me email, that CV sounds like it's worth a nose thru if you don't mind. To be honest I reckon her CV / resume is fine, but what do I know!

Thanks Wendy ...

It probably is fine Temping is good, so long as you have a decent agency. There are some out there, may be worth asking the question see if you can get any recommendations for your area though.

Only thing with it is you don't get holiday pay. But that's offset by the fact you don't have to give a crap and it all helps to gain contacts, which is more important.

In the last two weeks I have been told by a very senior South Australian MP that I can have a job with the council anytime I see one I want and also by the boss at the place I work who has offered me a job in the desalination project if they win the contract (which they more than likely will).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.