Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are there any teenagers who want to advise me on their move

Are there any teenagers who want to advise me on their move

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

bulldogere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any teenagers who want to advise me on their move

How did your move to oz go? are you home sick , how do you feel about the move was t for the better do you miss your friends back home or aare you someone who is due to go out there soon like me please give me feedback
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice
Default Re: Are there any teenagers who want to advise me on their move

Originally Posted by bulldogere
How did your move to oz go? are you home sick , how do you feel about the move was t for the better do you miss your friends back home or aare you someone who is due to go out there soon like me please give me feedback
Interested to hear responses on this one we will have a 14 and 16 year old when we plan to move qtr 4 2008.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonG
Interested to hear responses on this one we will have a 14 and 16 year old when we plan to move qtr 4 2008.
I will see if daughter will come on line later she moved here aged 14 and is now almost 17
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sasbear
I will see if daughter will come on line later she moved here aged 14 and is now almost 17
My kids wouldnt dream of posting on here!!! But I will answer for them.
The eldest is 20, arrived here the day after his 17th birthday. Struggled slightly at first, but loves it here. We never see him, he plays indoor football twice a week, basketball twice a week and does indoor rockclimbing twice a week!!! How busy is that!!! He was scouted to do trials for Perth Glory, but fool declined! Said he was too busy.
He has a lovely girlfriend, has his own car, and a good paying job. He says he would never have achieved all that back in the UK, and never wants to go back.

The youngest is 16, arrived when he was 13. Fitted in well at school, and has made a load of mates. He is alos quite sporty and trains 3 times a week (Kick boxing).
He returned to the UK in march for a short holiday............and stated NEVER AGAIN!!! Called it CHAV LAND!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My kids wouldnt dream of posting on here!!! But I will answer for them.
The eldest is 20, arrived here the day after his 17th birthday. Struggled slightly at first, but loves it here. We never see him, he plays indoor football twice a week, basketball twice a week and does indoor rockclimbing twice a week!!! How busy is that!!! He was scouted to do trials for Perth Glory, but fool declined! Said he was too busy.
He has a lovely girlfriend, has his own car, and a good paying job. He says he would never have achieved all that back in the UK, and never wants to go back.

The youngest is 16, arrived when he was 13. Fitted in well at school, and has made a load of mates. He is alos quite sporty and trains 3 times a week (Kick boxing).
He returned to the UK in march for a short holiday............and stated NEVER AGAIN!!! Called it CHAV LAND!!

Toby.................
Attached Thumbnails Are there any teenagers who want to advise me on their move-d1000237.jpg  
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bulldogere
My daughter (nearly 16) doesn't like it here (Perth).
She misses her friends and social life back in UK. We have tried to get her involved in many things here, but she is determined to go back to UK. We will let her go back when she is 16 to see for herself if she has made the right decision. I hope she does decide to come back, but if she doesn't we won't stand in her way. Oz isn't for everyone, you have to come and see for yourself, you might love it.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
My daughter (nearly 16) doesn't like it here (Perth).
She misses her friends and social life back in UK. We have tried to get her involved in many things here, but she is determined to go back to UK. We will let her go back when she is 16 to see for herself if she has made the right decision. I hope she does decide to come back, but if she doesn't we won't stand in her way. Oz isn't for everyone, you have to come and see for yourself, you might love it.
How long have you been here?