Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are there any good state schools in Mount Eliza?

Are there any good state schools in Mount Eliza?

Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

penny31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any good state schools in Mount Eliza?

I'm having a bad time searching the net for info on schools, it's all just too confusing for a mere mortal like me! Can you tell me if the following schools are state or private please. We think we would like to head for Mt Eliza but we won't know until we get there so we are looking all around. These schools seem to do well in the statistics tables that we found. Also what (ish) are the fees for private schools? We are not Catholic so if any of these are Catholic they are no good for us, we are Christian though if that helps! I have 3 children aged 10, 9 and 2, we are looking to buy house/land/cardboard box near to the secondary school, I'm not too fussed about primary at this stage. Hope to be in Aus in May (depending on house sale of course!) Thank you very much for any info you can give me, i really appreciate it, and I'm now off to bed!

Cheltenham sch in Cheltenham

Firbank in Brighton

Haileybury College in keysborough

Mentone girls gs Mentone
Mentone gs Mentone (whats the difference?)

Marantha Christian College in Endeavour Hills

Mazenod College Mulgrave

The Peninsular sc Mount Eliza
Toorak College Mount Eliza

Woodleigh school Baxter
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Are there any good state schools in Mount Eliza?

Originally Posted by penny31
I'm having a bad time searching the net for info on schools, it's all just too confusing for a mere mortal like me! Can you tell me if the following schools are state or private please. We think we would like to head for Mt Eliza but we won't know until we get there so we are looking all around. These schools seem to do well in the statistics tables that we found. Also what (ish) are the fees for private schools? We are not Catholic so if any of these are Catholic they are no good for us, we are Christian though if that helps! I have 3 children aged 10, 9 and 2, we are looking to buy house/land/cardboard box near to the secondary school, I'm not too fussed about primary at this stage. Hope to be in Aus in May (depending on house sale of course!) Thank you very much for any info you can give me, i really appreciate it, and I'm now off to bed!

Firbank in Brighton

Mentone girls gs Mentone

Mazenod College Mulgrave

Woodleigh school Baxter
Hi

We live in ME and my 2 oldest attend ME Sec College which is state, we are very pleased with it on the whole.

Toorak and the Peninsula are private schools and are very very good, but with 3 children they are out of our price range, I know Peninsula does have a long waiting list so parents often put down their childrens names from a very early age.

If you need any more assistance feel free to ask, no worries

Caz
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

taylor1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Toorak, the peninsula, mentone, haileybury are all private not too sure about the others, Toorak is a girls school & they all have excellent reputations, the state school in mt Eliza is mt Eliza sec college www.mesc.vic.edu.au fees for the others are around $10,000 Toorak yr 10 is $14368, Mentone girls grammar is private & mentone girls sec college is a state school, i ordered a book called The good schools guide 2006 while in the uk to help with research, hope this helps.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Firbank in Brighton

Mentone girls gs Mentone

Mazenod College Mulgrave

Woodleigh school Baxter
Mum went to Firbank....private, think Cof E. Used to be VERY posh...dont know about now...they have a website which looks informative and enticing - I would definitely consider it if I were in Melb.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:25 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Firbank in Brighton

Mentone girls gs Mentone

Mazenod College Mulgrave

Woodleigh school Baxter
Hiya, we're hopefully heading for Mount Eliza in about 7 weeks, (house sale permitting). We plan on checking out the primary schools and deciding from that which one they will go to.

Kunyoung primary does have a website, I will try and find it and pm it to you.

Jo
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:43 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Hi Penny, Ive just pm'd you, took me so long to find website cos I was spelling Kunyung wrong!!!!!

Jo
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

We have 2 boys at The Peninsula School, Year 3 and Year 1. We are very pleased with the school and it is difficult not to be impressed at the facilities available there. The school website is

http://www.tps.vic.edu.au/

You should be able to find the current fees on there.

Good Luck, Andy

PS If you do move over to Mount Eliza I know one of the teachers who has a furnished 2 bed bungalow on her farm. A number of expats have stayed there on arrival and have been very pleased with the accomodation.

Firbank in Brighton

Mentone girls gs Mentone

Mazenod College Mulgrave

Woodleigh school Baxter
Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Firbank in Brighton

Mentone girls gs Mentone

Mazenod College Mulgrave

Woodleigh school Baxter
I think almost all schools on your list are private schools. Marantha, Mazenod and Woodleigh are the only ones I'm not familiar with by name.

Try:

http://www.maytel.net.au/htmls/secondary.html

http://schlprv.vcaa.vic.edu.au/schoolsstudiessearch (for subjects offered at schools)

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/stati...choolstats.pdf (the closest you'll get to league tables for Vic schools)

OzTennis
Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The Maytel link doesn't seem to work anymore - used to have links to secondary schools in Victoria.

OzTennis
Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/schoolsonline/ (includes lists of all state and private/independent schools)

http://www.sofweb.vic.edu.au/

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/ch/

http://www.immi.gov.au/settle/education/vic.htm

http://www.ais.vic.edu.au/ (association of independent schools)

OzTennis
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi

We live in ME and my 2 oldest attend ME Sec College which is state, we are very pleased with it on the whole.

Toorak and the Peninsula are private schools and are very very good, but with 3 children they are out of our price range, I know Peninsula does have a long waiting list so parents often put down their childrens names from a very early age.

If you need any more assistance feel free to ask, no worries

Caz
ME Sec sch sounds like a good option for us at the mo, looking at the replies fees seem a bit out of our range (with 3 little ones aswell). thanks for taking the time to reply, I may be asking for your help again in the not too distant future Thanks
Jacky
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taylor1
Hi, Toorak, the peninsula, mentone, haileybury are all private not too sure about the others, Toorak is a girls school & they all have excellent reputations, the state school in mt Eliza is mt Eliza sec college www.mesc.vic.edu.au fees for the others are around $10,000 Toorak yr 10 is $14368, Mentone girls grammar is private & mentone girls sec college is a state school, i ordered a book called The good schools guide 2006 while in the uk to help with research, hope this helps.
Thanks for the info on fees, i couldn't get into anything yesterday then found i had a Trojan horse virus (Nice!) so had to fix that it, all went a bit wrong! thanks again Jacky
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Mum went to Firbank....private, think Cof E. Used to be VERY posh...dont know about now...they have a website which looks informative and enticing - I would definitely consider it if I were in Melb.
Thanks very muuch for Info ,Jacky
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joanne
Hi Penny, Ive just pm'd you, took me so long to find website cos I was spelling Kunyung wrong!!!!!

Jo
Thanks Jo, really appreciate it, jacky
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andy thomas
We have 2 boys at The Peninsula School, Year 3 and Year 1. We are very pleased with the school and it is difficult not to be impressed at the facilities available there. The school website is

http://www.tps.vic.edu.au/

You should be able to find the current fees on there.

Good Luck, Andy

PS If you do move over to Mount Eliza I know one of the teachers who has a furnished 2 bed bungalow on her farm. A number of expats have stayed there on arrival and have been very pleased with the accomodation.
Thanks for that info and I'll keep that in mind, it would be really good to have somewhere to live!!! Also, I see you are a Carpenter (or I assume) My husband is a chippie, has been a supervisor for the last 10 years in Manufacturing doors, he was interested in Corinthian Doors, we have been on their website, can't find anything about employment opportunities though, he is 1st fix only and cabinet maker also. Would you have any recommendations on good companies that we can have a look at on the web? Thanks for your help, very grateful, Jacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.