Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there an alternative to Foxtell in Perth that shows the Uk footie

Is there an alternative to Foxtell in Perth that shows the Uk footie

Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough
Default Is there an alternative to Foxtell in Perth that shows the Uk footie

Hi we have foxtell and other than the sport which we have paid extra for there is not much else. Is there an alternative to foxtell that we could add satanta too. (That has sport I think) My husband needs to see West Ham !!! Thank you
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:04 pm
Banned

basicweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there an alternative to Foxtell in Perth that shows the Uk footie

If you have internet (broadband or ASDL) try this site http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/ The quality isn't always too good, but it works ok
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:52 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there an alternative to Foxtell in Perth that shows the Uk footie

Originally Posted by pstanton
Hi we have foxtell and other than the sport which we have paid extra for there is not much else. Is there an alternative to foxtell that we could add satanta too. (That has sport I think) My husband needs to see West Ham !!! Thank you
Get your broadband connection from iiNet (based in Perth) and you get to see the Premier League for nowt I think...
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough

Thank you - good footy website - but wanting to see it on TV on satanta but not sure if you can have that without foxtell.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:20 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pstanton
Thank you - good footy website - but wanting to see it on TV on satanta but not sure if you can have that without foxtell.
No Foxtel, no Setanta.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho
Get your broadband connection from iiNet (based in Perth) and you get to see the Premier League for nowt I think...
and westnet since they just became part of inet
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

Your best bet would be iinet/westnet for the EPL as DrWho nd Bridie suggested.

You can also get Setanta without subscribing to Foxtel.
You can probably realign your existing Foxtel dish and buy a suitable decoder.

Check out this link for details
http://www.setanta.com/en/AU/How-to-...ibe/Satellite/
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:23 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
No Foxtel, no Setanta.
Not exactly true

I bought a PVR with built in tuners and contacted Setanta who put me onto AAACOM to order the Card for my box. All i had to do was move the dish very slightly to pick up the signal and away it went. Setanta without the need for Foxtel
The only difference is the price at that time was $30pm this was before Foxtel could even show Setanta but as soon as Foxtel could show it they dropped the price to equivalent which is now $15pm
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DrWho
You do. A friend uses iiNet and has access to Premier League games however the quality of the streaming is a bit hit and miss (the sound and picture are often out of synch). If you are a hard core football fan then I don't think that this would be good enough to meet your needs.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Does Satanta show premier league footie though as this would be a great option.