Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a % of people who are lucky with their visas?

Is there a % of people who are lucky with their visas?

Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:07 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a % of people who are lucky with their visas?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If you meet the requirements at the time, you get the visa - if you don't, no visa. Simple as.

Luck don't come into it.
there goes the problem

Too many luckless individuals are getting through
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:29 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Never a truer word......
Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im choosing points next time
I think there should be a points system for the other too but there would be a lot of disappointed people ...
Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Im choosing points next time
I'm choosing marriage next time. Hopefully to someone with some money.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

gabyjane has a spectacular aura aboutgabyjane has a spectacular aura aboutgabyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Absolutely right!

I think the OP has no understanding of the process involved in how to get a visa. Hopefully she will take on board the advice given to her on her other thread and start doing some research.
I do now after asking..isn't that what this site about? i'm sorry for not being as clued up as some but at the end of the day it is a huge decision to make and i just wanted to make sure we hadn't missed anything.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gabyjane
I do now after asking..isn't that what this site about? i'm sorry for not being as clued up as some but at the end of the day it is a huge decision to make and i just wanted to make sure we hadn't missed anything.
You're quite right, thats what the site is for - none of us were clued up when we started, but as we all learn more so we gradually share it with new posters - its actually quite a good feeling when you suddenly realise you have learnt stuff that you can pass on down the line!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

gabyjane has a spectacular aura aboutgabyjane has a spectacular aura aboutgabyjane has a spectacular aura about

Thankyou pollyanna..just makes me feel like im going to get it all wrong if we go ahead reading stuff like above! x
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou pollyanna..just makes me feel like im going to get it all wrong if we go ahead reading stuff like above! x
Just keep on asking questions and we will try our best to help. Dont be discouraged
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou wilson!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The trickon a forum like this, is to read as much as possible - read the negative stuff, the positive stuff, and the realistic stuff! A lot of us ave moments of al three, as ou learn when you get to know inidividual posters better The more you read the better a cross section you get, and so the better an overall view you get
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou wilson!
Haha call me Manda. BTW, just read your other thread, what job do you do now in the UK?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

HI Manda i'm a childminder here in the uk.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI Manda i'm a childminder here in the uk.
There will defo be childminding work in Australia. Have you been on any job sites just to have a little look at what's out there for you? I like www.seek.com.au
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilson01
There will defo be childminding work in Australia. Have you been on any job sites just to have a little look at what's out there for you? I like www.seek.com.au
Do you have any qualifications in the UK like NVQ? If not I would start to see how I can get it while working on the job