Theory test NZ

Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:57 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Theory test NZ

Just reading the other thread about the aus theory test and noticed you could practise on line. Does NZ have a website to have a practise would be good to have a go, see how I do
Old Nov 19th 2003, 1:32 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Theory test NZ

Originally posted by sky
Just reading the other thread about the aus theory test and noticed you could practise on line. Does NZ have a website to have a practise would be good to have a go, see how I do
You do not seem to have a written/computerised test in NZ to do in order to tranfer.

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/factsheets/58.html

Any NZ peops know better and how come you let all the mad drivers over to make daft moves on that daft give way on right manoevur!

Cheers

Sorry adding this
Driving - Key Points for Overseas Drivers and New Residents
>> You are allowed to drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months using either an International Driving Permit or your current overseas driving licence. After that you will need to get a New Zealand driving licence.

>> Drivers from Australia, Canada, The European Union, Norway, South Africa, Switzerland and the United States are issued with New Zealand driving licences after a written test. Drivers from other countries must pass both a written and practical driving test before getting a NZ licence.

>> You must carry your licence with you at all times when driving. If you are stopped by the Police, and do not have your licence with you, you will be fined.

>> If your licence is not in English, you should get an International Driving Permit or bring an official, English translation of your licence with you. Further licensing details are available from the Land Transport Safety Authority.

>> Vehicles drive on the left side of the road.

>> The urban speed limit is usually 50 kph (31 mph). Elsewhere it's usually 100 kph (62 mph).

>> Vehicles turning left give way to those turning right.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we have bought a copy of The Road Code, but we haven't as yet thought about going in for the written/scratch test. We still have 8 months left on our UK licence.

Gill
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:23 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gill and Rob
Hi, we have bought a copy of The Road Code, but we haven't as yet thought about going in for the written/scratch test. We still have 8 months left on our UK licence.

Gill
Do you get a full year on a uk driving licence I thought it was only 6 months. It will take the stress off a little bit if that is the case, there must be enough to worry about at first without having to worry about passing the theory test. Sorry if Ive already asked you but where have you settled in NZ we are going to Christchurch
Old Nov 20th 2003, 6:01 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sky
Do you get a full year on a uk driving licence I thought it was only 6 months. It will take the stress off a little bit if that is the case, there must be enough to worry about at first without having to worry about passing the theory test. Sorry if Ive already asked you but where have you settled in NZ we are going to Christchurch

Hi,
Yes you get 12 mths grace on your UK licence. I passed mine with 2 days spare. Just as well I did as I had my licence checked the otherday in a routine stop outside my kids school where they regularly check seatbelts for kids, licences, parking and road speed in the morning school run.
See you in Christchurch!

Paula
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

Some garages (think its shell) sell the actual test cards - buy a few of those I think they are about 60cents each, you will be fine - oh and read the road code available in most libraries for loan. Good luck!