Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi, new arrival to Oz here!

Hi, new arrival to Oz here!

Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:36 am
Just Joined

ianmwilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, new arrival to Oz here!

Hi everyone, I have been registered on here for some while now and have just browsed instead of posting, it really has been great reading some of the informal messages.

We have been in Oz (Brisbane) a little over 1 month now and have just launched a basic website to keep family and friends updated. Please feel free to take a look.

Any other new arrivals in the area fancy meeting for a drink?

Ian and Georgina Williams

http://williams-downunder.com
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian & Georgina

We have organised a meet for the Brisbane people, newly arrived or otherwise. If you would like to come along you are more than welcome, its planned for 14th Dec at Wynnum Esplanade, right across from The Pelicans Nest & next to the beach. I'll find the link & post it for you.

Oh & welcome to the board .
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heres the link for the Brisbane meetup, hope to see you there.

Expats Brisbane Meetup
Old Nov 19th 2003, 5:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian, Georgina, & Lauren,
Another new arrival here! I've been here since Nov 2nd, come out on a fiance visa to marry my gorgeous Aussie Bloke (flattery will get me everywhere - I'm sure he reads my posts when I'm not looking!
Be good to meet up - have you had a look at the thread for our our proposed get-together at Wynnum?
Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? We are in one of the northern suburbs, out near the airport, and owing to not having a job yet (ARGHH!!!!), I'm on the forum most of the day! Feel free to send me a pm if you like, be good to meet you!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 5:57 am
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We're another new Brissy family. Arrived in Oz on 8/10 had a few weeks in NSW and got to brissy 2 and a half weeks ago.

We will try and make it to the meet up. It would be great to hear how other people are enjoying life out here - as we are!

My name is Anne, hubby is Stuart and kids are Joe(6) and Max (10 months).

Look forward to speaking with you all...

Last edited by anne wilson; Nov 19th 2003 at 6:02 am.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info for the 14th, looks great..we will be there.

Its Laurens 2nd Birthday on Sunday so we have just had a busy day spending loads of money in the local shopping centre at carindale!

Last edited by ianmwilliams; Nov 19th 2003 at 7:03 am.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:09 am
Badge

Looks quite a nice site!!!

Badge

Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Nice site. That is a good idea. Maybe I wºº do one so that I dont have to keep sending all my mates loads of emails.

debs
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:56 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi, new arrival to Oz here!

Originally posted by ianmwilliams
Hi everyone, I have been registered on here for some while now and have just browsed instead of posting, it really has been great reading some of the informal messages.

We have been in Oz (Brisbane) a little over 1 month now and have just launched a basic website to keep family and friends updated. Please feel free to take a look.

Any other new arrivals in the area fancy meeting for a drink?

Ian and Georgina Williams

http://williams-downunder.com
Hi there. i just wanted to welcome, and that your site looks great. one thing though, thanks for putting me off going to aus again...

http://williams-downunder.com/conten...res/spider.jpg

i ain't going anywhere if the spiders eyes glow in the dark!!

Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:11 am
Just Joined

thanks for the kind words!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ian and Georgina

Great web site and nice to hear you are doing so well. You might be able to help me with a question about my cat. I read you are getting your dog flown up to Brisbane from Sydney, we will be bringing the cat over in May next year and wondered how we might get her up to Brisbane and how much it would cost? Our only solution at the moment was to visit the Mother in Law down that way and pick 'Puss' up at the same time.

Any help would be great thanks (Please dont suggest I should visit the MIL):scared: :scared:
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
Hi there. i just wanted to welcome, and that your site looks great. one thing though, thanks for putting me off going to aus again...

http://williams-downunder.com/conten...res/spider.jpg

i ain't going anywhere if the spiders eyes glow in the dark!!

What about the cane toads? One of my abiding memories of our visit to Brisbane. We stayed in the Uni halls of residence in St Lucia. My friend from Melbourne was getting married to a lady from Tully - Brisbane was half way for everyone! But, back to the memory, we walked from St Lucia to the shopping centre at Indoorapilly and I lost count of the number of dead and live cane toads on the road! Someone pointed out Greg Chappell's house which to me at the time was like wow (when he was playing for Queensland and captaining Australia)!

BTW, welcome to the site and isn't it great to see all the welcomes and people meeting up, exchanging information etc - the main purpose surely of the site.

Good luck to you all and I'll check out the website sometime.

OzTennis
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:40 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by OzTennis
What about the cane toads? One of my abiding memories of our visit to Brisbane. We stayed in the Uni halls of residence in St Lucia. My friend from Melbourne was getting married to a lady from Tully - Brisbane was half way for everyone! But, back to the memory, we walked from St Lucia to the shopping centre at Indoorapilly and I lost count of the number of dead and live cane toads on the road! Someone pointed out Greg Chappell's house which to me at the time was like wow (when he was playing for Queensland and captaining Australia)!

BTW, welcome to the site and isn't it great to see all the welcomes and people meeting up, exchanging information etc - the main purpose surely of the site.

OzTennis
toads i don't mind, i've never heard of anyone dying from having their big toe sucked on by a big old slimey toad....but i may be wrong!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:16 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
One memory from driving around Townsville in the wet.

The noise.

Phudonk phudonk phutsss phudonk POP phudonk.

You see lots of flat froggies on the main roads in the morning!!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
toads i don't mind, i've never heard of anyone dying from having their big toe sucked on by a big old slimey toad....but i may be wrong!
I think Queenslanders will tell you how many family pets have died eating the things though!

OzTennis

P.S. Wasn't that Johnny Bryan and the Duchess of York - having big toe sucked by a big old slimey toad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.