British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Thank you bcworld (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/thank-you-bcworld-798395/)

jamesflorraine Jun 3rd 2013 5:10 am

Re: Thank you bcworld

Thank you BC it was only with your help and information , that made it possible for people like us to get these deals thanks again

Lisa and Martin Jun 3rd 2013 12:44 pm

Love that man! If only I knew what he looked like.... I aspire to throw myself at his feet in grovelling thanks in a business lounge somewhere around the world. This deal (and all BC's help in explaining it) has made it a realistic possibility for my Mum to meet her grandchildren. Would never have dared to try the trip on my own in economy. :amen:

Kenji.1 Jun 4th 2013 6:19 am

A big "thank you" from me:) I have now used this incredible service 6 times and really am eternally grateful. I have progressed from simple A to B flights to much more ambitious itineries involving open jaw and stopovers all with great success.
I have not posted for sometime as I now have a reasonable grasp on things, however I feel that the need may well arise again when I start grappling with Lifemiles and it is great to know that there is good prompt advice at hand.
Everytime I settle down in a new B.C.lounge I have a look around and wonder if there are any more 'club' members there. If you are ever in Perth I would consider it an honour to buy you a few jars of your favourite tipple:thumbsup:
By the way I didn't know that we could fly to the East coast of America via Europe, now that is interesting!! I feel a holiday coming on - Yeah!!

DML Jun 4th 2013 7:12 am

I must sit down and go through that thread so I understand how it all works!

spouse of scouse Jun 4th 2013 11:33 am

I confess to having a brief read of the first pages of BC's thread, and thinking that I'd probably stuff it up if I tried something like this. My Liverpool lad and I do fly into Manchester once a year in business class and I know that I could do so much better on the prices I get for flights if I could only get my confidence up a bit. Having said all of that, I think the help BC has given to so many people is fantastic - people like him are the soul of forums.

paddyo Jun 4th 2013 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 10732164)
Thanks for all the kind words! :o

I think it's great so many people have done the miles thing...I would've appreciated a few more offers of commission/beer/miles donations but never mind! :lol:

Yes Swervo, the deal is alive and well...$A is starting to pinch it a little but the UK cost is probably still around $2,800 as per the thread title (the miles were cheaper then but $A was weaker). Availability is still fine.

But the current extra miles closed on May31st. Lets hope they do one more before the merger is confirmed and in action, then things may change.

KJCherokee Jun 5th 2013 12:42 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 10740181)
I confess to having a brief read of the first pages of BC's thread, and thinking that I'd probably stuff it up if I tried something like this. My Liverpool lad and I do fly into Manchester once a year in business class and I know that I could do so much better on the prices I get for flights if I could only get my confidence up a bit. Having said all of that, I think the help BC has given to so many people is fantastic - people like him are the soul of forums.

I felt the same way when we first tried it: "Surely this is too good to be true, something must go wrong somewhere". But it was too good an offer to pass up, so we joined up and bought points - 120,000 each for business to start with, which we used for flights to and from Heathrow in 2011. It all worked so well (some minor hiccups with bookings that were easily sorted out) that as soon as we returned from that holiday we started buying points for the next trip, which was this year and first class this time - again with no major problems.

Only trouble is that it spoils you - not sure we could even go back to business in the future, let alone cattle class!

Kenji.1 Jun 5th 2013 7:33 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 10740181)

We all felt the same when we sarted out so don't feel lonely. It really does work. Read and re-read the whole blog, join all the clubs (free) and do a couple of practise runs. From Perth you practically have to fly Thai but that's no disadvantage, they're good. They don't go to Manchester though so you need to change to Swiss air or similar, we usually go via Zurich or Brussels neither of which is much of an airport. If you are concerned the 1st time keep it simple and just go PER-BKK-LHR and get the train up to the Pool.
The great thing about this is that there is always someone to ask for help and B.C. is always on the ball - just great! Believe Lady!!!!:thumbsup:

spouse of scouse Jun 5th 2013 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Kenji.1 (Post 10741555)
We all felt the same when we sarted out so don't feel lonely. It really does work. Read and re-read the whole blog, join all the clubs (free) and do a couple of practise runs. From Perth you practically have to fly Thai but that's no disadvantage, they're good. They don't go to Manchester though so you need to change to Swiss air or similar, we usually go via Zurich or Brussels neither of which is much of an airport. If you are concerned the 1st time keep it simple and just go PER-BKK-LHR and get the train up to the Pool.
The great thing about this is that there is always someone to ask for help and B.C. is always on the ball - just great! Believe Lady!!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks KJ and Kenji, some great encouragement and advice there :starsmile:

I've signed my husband and myself up to the US Airways dividend miles program, I realise that the impending merger with AA may mean I've left my run too late but it costs nothing to try. Thanks to your encouragement, if a good miles offer comes up we'll take the plunge. Cheers again to you both.

SUPERCAD Jun 7th 2013 11:50 am

thanks for the heads up this is a great way to travel

Koolcat Jun 8th 2013 4:25 pm

Huge huge thanks to bcworld :D
Travelling out of cattle class has reduced travel stress and anxiety immensly!!
We are ruined!!! :rofl:

Sending buckets & buckets of karma your way.

Koolcat

keefymonster Jun 9th 2013 3:32 am

Thanks bcworld you da man!

You have opened up a whole new world of travel for my wife and me.
I hope this gig never ends because traveling cattle class again isn't something to look forward to.

Keef ;o)