British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Thank you bcworld (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/thank-you-bcworld-798395/)

KJCherokee May 29th 2013 5:51 am

Thank you bcworld

I have used the system of booking cheap business and first class flights (one of each so far) and feel deeply grateful to bcworld for introducing me to the scheme. I wondered how many other people have benefited from this and would like to thank bcworld, so I've initiated the poll attached to this thread. If you would like to thank him, tick the appropriate box(es).

Once again, thank you bcworld, whoever and wherever you are!

jad n rich May 29th 2013 9:21 am

Re: Thank you bcworld

BC has been a very helpful poster for a long time:thumbup:

moneypenny20 May 29th 2013 9:42 am

Undoubtedly one of the good guys.

northernbird May 29th 2013 12:13 pm

I agree, might not always see eye to eye regarding views on Australia but is a lovely guy and always helpful.

DML May 29th 2013 1:23 pm

as someone who occasionally flies BC this sounds interesting - what's it all about then?

With All Due Respect... May 29th 2013 1:38 pm

Haven't used this method yet (as I'm still not back in Oz), but it'll certainly make having to pay $2500 to $3500 to get back to Europe more acceptable if I can do it in business or first class! I certainly appreciate the thread in question and bcworld's efforts in particular. :thumbsup:

irishbloo May 29th 2013 1:40 pm

He has the patience of a saint.:thumbsup:One of the good ones for sure.

With All Due Respect... May 29th 2013 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by DML (Post 10730509)
as someone who occasionally flies BC this sounds interesting - what's it all about then?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653462

Buying points/miles for redemption against flights. At certain promotional times your purchase of up to 50000 is doubled, and by gifting points between account holders you can also get more. Can make a business class return to Europe little more than you're likely to find a normal cattle class fare, by the looks of it.

I'll certainly be trying it out in future unless the new alliance partnership changes everything vastly.

Almo May 29th 2013 5:14 pm

We have used the deal 4 times and friends have used it 4 times between them. We are not at all grateful - it has ruined us for economy travel now! :p

In all seriousness, we are very very grateful. Travelling business makes a huge difference, the holiday starts right at the airport and being able to stretch out and get some sleep lessens the impact of jet lag considerably.

Swerv-o May 29th 2013 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by KJCherokee (Post 10729861)
I have used the system of booking cheap business and first class flights (one of each so far) and feel deeply grateful to bcworld for introducing me to the scheme. I wondered how many other people have benefited from this and would like to thank bcworld, so I've initiated the poll attached to this thread. If you would like to thank him, tick the appropriate box(es).

Once again, thank you bcworld, whoever and wherever you are!

Can you still use this scheme then? My understanding was that it was too difficult to access now...

S

bcworld May 30th 2013 9:43 am

Thanks for all the kind words! :o

I think it's great so many people have done the miles thing...I would've appreciated a few more offers of commission/beer/miles donations but never mind! :lol:

Yes Swervo, the deal is alive and well...$A is starting to pinch it a little but the UK cost is probably still around $2,800 as per the thread title (the miles were cheaper then but $A was weaker). Availability is still fine.

sfr09 May 30th 2013 12:27 pm

Another thank you from me
I had to go back in a rush last year and managed to go business class and I was only there for a week it made a massive difference , I have more now and plan to go again bit more relaxed this time hopefully:)

gsidhu May 31st 2013 12:48 pm

One more thank you from me, have used it for business class a few times now, its been great to get to your destination not feeling like an extra form the walking dead for a change. From us common as muck folk u is the Man!

I'd like to thank you with lifemiles - PM me with the details

nic75 Jun 1st 2013 1:56 pm

Big thanks from us in Glasgow. Me, hubby, daughter and son have all benefited from bcworld's vast knowledge of flights and dividend miles scheme.

KJCherokee Jun 3rd 2013 2:27 am

I'm surprised - from all the comments in this thread I would have thought there would be more than 10 (max) people who have flown using this offer. Maybe the rest of you don't think bcworld desrves your thanks?