Telstra 4G...

Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:06 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telstra 4G...

Seems to perform pretty well I think ...

Last edited by PaulandNic; Oct 8th 2012 at 5:14 am.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telstra 4G...

Agreed. Quite fast indeed.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Agreed. Quite fast indeed.
Just could do with a bit more bandwidth ... 4GB PM ...
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Oh and this is from the Gold Coast to a Brissie server. Friend in Bris is getting 65mbps down and 45 up! ...
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Just could do with a bit more bandwidth ... 4GB PM ...
That's data allowance, not bandwidth.

I only have 4G on my phone and have 500mb. So using it very sparingly. But it's far better than my wifi at home.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
That's data allowance, not bandwidth.

I only have 4G on my phone and have 500mb. So using it very sparingly. But it's far better than my wifi at home.
Yes, wrong terminology there.

Yeah well I've got 4gig to play with but can eat that easy as if not careful.

I get 13.5mbps at home so am happy with that, but just watching the speed test ap get smashed with 4G does look impressive.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very happy with it on my iphone 5 - although my 400MB allowance with Telstra has gone already with 2 and a bit weeks to go until my top up. Was able to 'purchase' and additional 200MB data pack through my credit, so hoping this will last!!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Thinking of getting the iPhone 5 too. Tempted to join Telstra but are they still very expensive?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by discobay
Thinking of getting the iPhone 5 too. Tempted to join Telstra but are they still very expensive?
I joined the iPhone brigade at iPhone4 and have raved about em since. I have nothing else Apple, just love my iPhone. The 5 IS an improvement over the S and light as. The 4 feels like a brick compared ...

Plans? ... http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobile-plans/

Yep very expensive compared, but you DEF get what you pay for. I'm on my phone for 2+ hours a day and NEED to get signal. I've tried Vodafone (terrible then, 2+ years ago), Optus, and Telstra. Never going back!

Will tether my laptop next time i'm in 4G and see how long it takes to DL a gig!

This guy reckons 4 or 5 seconds...

Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:56 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

it will cost you a leg and an arm
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commonwealth
and at what cost?
If you're asking about above, he pays $15US per month - uncapped!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:23 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

omg! so nice to be in the USA for such and such
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I joined the iPhone brigade at iPhone4 and have raved about em since. I have nothing else Apple, just love my iPhone. The 5 IS an improvement over the S and light as. The 4 feels like a brick compared ...

Plans? ... http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobile-plans/

Yep very expensive compared, but you DEF get what you pay for. I'm on my phone for 2+ hours a day and NEED to get signal. I've tried Vodafone (terrible then, 2+ years ago), Optus, and Telstra. Never going back!

Will tether my laptop next time i'm in 4G and see how long it takes to DL a gig!

This guy reckons 4 or 5 seconds...

Last edited by Alfresco; Oct 8th 2012 at 12:32 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

Seems to perform pretty well I think ...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...w_photos/g.jpg
I have a 5 too, speed varies heaps though, and LTE seems to drain the battery.

I like the 5 but battery life has been the biggest problem so far, hopefully IOS 6.01 or something fixes it.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coldbeer
I have a 5 too, speed varies heaps though, and LTE seems to drain the battery.

I like the 5 but battery life has been the biggest problem so far, hopefully IOS 6.01 or something fixes it.
It's odd, my battery life started off as AWFUL, I'd unplug it at home on 100% and by the time I'd got to work it would be down at 80% would barely get to lunchtime before it's coming down to 25% and certainly wouldn't last the whole day.

It's been a couple of weeks and it seems to have improved, it will now almost last a day, gets to around 8pm and it's at 10%.

I don't know whether this is because I'm not using LTE as much (have it on wifi at home and in the office) so maybe it was that which was draining the battery so much.

Still needs sorting out though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.