Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tell me its all worth it!

Tell me its all worth it!

Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:45 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me its all worth it!

Originally Posted by loubie
Is there anything more stressful than preparing to immigrate? shipping in 2 days, flying in 6 and it still looks like we're settled here for the summer! Why do women accumalte so much crap and where is Mary Poppins when you need her?
Just a few unanswerable questions for you while I dive back into the mountain of toys,toiletries,toys,books,toys etc

Dave,Lou and Family (bound for Perth)

God tell me about it - we leave the house in 4 weeks time and I was just casually sitting here bored and then its 'shit i havent done this, or shit i haven't done that!' - its never ending!!

Good luck with the move!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Thanks - could you advise me, did he sell them as a job lot or individually?

Thanks

Buzzy
He sold them one by one or in there groups.He was into punk ect so we didnt think they would sell but they did.Just make sure you cover the cost of postage as its easy to think they are lighter than they actually are.You can get the post prices off the post office website just make sure you have got a good pair of scales
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:52 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Where would you suggest the best place is to get rid of them Hutch? I have a large collection of 1980s 12" hip hop and house, some of which is quite rare. Ebay, or is there somewhere better?

Cheers

Buzzy

I've been selling anything and everything on Ebay and its gone really well. I would recommend quoting that you're emigrating because you tend to get a lot of regular watchers! I've been selling now for about 4 weeks in total - listing new things every day - and I've got some people who are just accumulating stuff and will collect it all when I've finished listing! We've done far better than we expected and its far less hassle than having people call around before they decide whether or not they want it. Get the lot on Ebay I say!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:54 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tell me its all worth it!

Originally Posted by tygwyn
I've been selling anything and everything on Ebay and its gone really well. I would recommend quoting that you're emigrating because you tend to get a lot of regular watchers! I've been selling now for about 4 weeks in total - listing new things every day - and I've got some people who are just accumulating stuff and will collect it all when I've finished listing! We've done far better than we expected and its far less hassle than having people call around before they decide whether or not they want it. Get the lot on Ebay I say!

Excellent. Watch the buzzy--bee seller account on Ebay over the coming weeks!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi- we are using Simpsons who were recommended by a family member.They don't seem too pricey as I have heard some horrendously high quotes. Depends how much your taking of course- i would say you have to be ruthless and TRY not to be sentimental. (easier said than done for the better half and her birthday/christmas card collection!)

Good Luck with your move

Dave
sorry but the bit about the christmas card collection made me laugh as i am just as bad.my husband also thinks i mad cos i want to take my collection of housey magazines.but as i said you need some of your comforts around you. x irish(sending you k)
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:01 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything more stressful than preparing to immigrate?
probably setting everything up the other end is!

Anyway it better be worth it - house is virtually empty, we are now car-less, jobless, this compter isn't even ours. Accommodation for the 1st month has just been confirmed this morning, and the taxi due here at midday to take us to the airport.

It does get a bit better after the container has gone - knowing that it all fitted in, and what is left in the house is either for the bin, staying or to go in the numerous suitcases. Better go now and check if I can actually close the suitcases!