Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quantas Airline ?

Quantas Airline ?

Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Question Quantas Airline ?

just been pricing flights for April, Quantas coming up£ 500 cheaper than singapore, we have flown with singapore before just wondered what the flights are like with Quantas, do you get the video screens on each seat with the kids games on etc ? what about food and drink couldnt find anything about this on web page, is it included in price or pay extra as and when want something. any extra baggage allowed with this airline ? any info good or bad.... also priced up Cathy Pacific and they have are coming up at £1000 each for a one way flight, surley this cant be right !!!!

Hazel
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quantas Airline ?

Originally Posted by Hazel T
just been pricing flights for April, Quantas coming up£ 500 cheaper than singapore, we have flown with singapore before just wondered what the flights are like with Quantas, do you get the video screens on each seat with the kids games on etc ? what about food and drink couldnt find anything about this on web page, is it included in price or pay extra as and when want something. any extra baggage allowed with this airline ? any info good or bad.... also priced up Cathy Pacific and they have are coming up at £1000 each for a one way flight, surley this cant be right !!!!

Hazel
We've flown Qantas a few times and the last time we flew I found them better than BA, yes you get the movies and games. the food was edible - even my eldest who says he hates airline food ate his meals - it was all included, not sure about the baggage though. I found flights for £580 - end of march on ebookers think with Malysian
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:44 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hazel
There should not be such a huge disparity unless you are costing business or first class.

Either you are travelling on premium dates and should change the days slightly or checking some mighty odd websites.

Have a look at www.airlinenetwork.co.uk or surprisingly www.expedia.co.uk is also v keen nowadays.

Qantas is a good airline generally speaking and codeshare with BA so if you look there is every chance you will actually be on a BA plane. You can check out every airline with photos and everything of seats at www.airlinequality.com
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:58 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, we flew quantas last year and are flying them again at the end of march when we finally make the move yes there are TVs in the abck of the seats and also quite a few choices on it... they are great and would recommend them
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:07 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hazel
I personally wouldn't fly with Quantas....they have all the facilities as the other airlines, but their service and staff are appalling.

Just my opinion though.... I've had some bad experiences with them!

Those flight prices look a tad on the high side
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hazel
QUANTAS? Never heard of them.
Qantas - prefer to fly with others rather than them - surly staff. Recommend Malaysia.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:53 am
Just Joined

daveleegreen is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Hazel T]just been pricing flights for April, Quantas coming up£ 500 cheaper than singapore, we have flown with singapore before just wondered what the flights are like with Quantas, do you get the video screens on each seat with the kids games on etc ? what about food and drink couldnt find anything about this on web page, is it included in price or pay extra as and when want something. any extra baggage allowed with this airline ? any info good or bad.... also priced up Cathy Pacific and they have are coming up at £1000 each for a one way flight, surley this cant be right !!!!

Hazel [/QUOT

Have flown with Quantas but would recommend Emirates far better try trailfinders or travel bag in manchester for prices
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:00 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Quantas....not bad but we prefer to pay the little extra and fly Singapore Airlines....not much difference in the flight price that we have found but for a long haul flight.....well worth it
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

QANTAS used to be brilliant - until they hooked up with BA. If you do choose QANTAS, ask for confirmation that you will be on one of their planes and not one of BA's. I am a Life Member of QANTAS with full use of the lounges, etc, etc - all the fruit basically. I fly with Singapore Airlines every time!!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:59 pm
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all
Wink Re: Quantas Airline ?

Hazel
I have flown Qantas on a number of occassions and my opinion is that you can travel with a better airline. Intenally they are good however when it comes to international they are poor. I am due to leave UK for Melbourne in March and have decided to fly Singapore airlines as they are far superior. I would also recommend Malaysian airlines if Singapore comes out slightly more expensive.

As for prices I am paying £584 (one way) and includes double allowance as this was requested when booking the flight.

Good luck.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

what is it they say about qantas...Quite A Nice Trip All Survived....lol planes are pretty knackered...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:30 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying to Melbourne with Emirates from London on 7th April returning 21st April. I got my flights for 1 adult and 1 child for £1,100 from www.travelsupermarket.co.uk the actual website was www.opodo.co.uk.
I actually live near to Manchester airport, but they wanted excess of £400 to fly straight through. So, I have opted to go with BA from Manchester to London costing £150 return. More spending money for me in Aus!
Maybe this is an option for you?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

cockneychris is an unknown quantity at this point

Would def recommend EMIRATES!!
Much better sevice-excellent entertainment on every seat back and as it has 3 stops usually-you get to lay out on the whole row if not busy!!
Chris-
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:31 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

meh I dont believe you all I flew qantas last year and they were perfect... using them again!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

We have just booked to go from Manchester to Perth on 2nd March with Singapore Airlines - one way - £487 inc taxes etc each, there is two of us.

I found the prices on the various web sites, and went into our local travel agent and they matched the price, so easier than trying to book over the internet, as we could ask questions face to face.

We have only got a 457 sponsored visa for 4 years, so because we are not totally emigrating, we could only get the 20kg baggage allowance. If we could show the emigrating visa we would have got double.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.