Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teenager forum please

Teenager forum please

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:14 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teenager forum please

:scared: Teenager Forum please! My daughter turned 16 this month and is awaiting her GCSE results. This means she cannot start college or work until she has them. We don't know anyone with kids her age and she is extemely lonely! Is there anyone out there who has kids around her age in the Brisbane/Chapel Hill area who she could chat with pleeeeeeeeeease! (I'm not begging)
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: Teenager forum please

Originally Posted by meelie
:scared: Teenager Forum please! My daughter turned 16 this month and is awaiting her GCSE results. This means she cannot start college or work until she has them. We don't know anyone with kids her age and she is extemely lonely! Is there anyone out there who has kids around her age in the Brisbane/Chapel Hill area who she could chat with pleeeeeeeeeease! (I'm not begging)
Bounce
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:52 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Bounce
What do you mean bounce??????
Old Jul 16th 2005, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there meelie,we re flying out to brisbane on sunday,staying in ormiston for a few weeks and looking to live somewhere on either the gold coast or maybe bayside not sure till we ve had a good look round,not sure if thats anywhere near you,but we have a daughter who is 17 and will be looking for friends also you can pm me if you want her msn addy or her,or you fancy getting together

tracey
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:36 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by scissors
hi there meelie,we re flying out to brisbane on sunday,staying in ormiston for a few weeks and looking to live somewhere on either the gold coast or maybe bayside not sure till we ve had a good look round,not sure if thats anywhere near you,but we have a daughter who is 17 and will be looking for friends also you can pm me if you want her msn addy or her,or you fancy getting together

tracey
Hi Tracey
Had a look for Ormiston and its about 35 km away so not far eh! Safe journey.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 2:43 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

What do you mean bounce??????
People post "bounce" to get the thread back to the top so that others notice it.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I take it your daughter took her GCSEs whilst still in the UK. Does she not fancy going back a year and doing her Oz eviq. Then she will make loads of friends at school. That is what we are going to do next July. I have heard its hard to get into college in oz on the back of GCSEs, which is another reason why our daughter will be repeating her final year at school. Correct me if I am wrong, obviously you are already there and have spoken to colleges.

I would imagine if your daughter did go to College then she would make loads of friends.

good luck with whatever you do.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 5:18 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
People post "bounce" to get the thread back to the top so that others notice it.
Thank you for that, Anne. I wondered too...
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:14 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Oh, thankyou everso.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:59 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I take it your daughter took her GCSEs whilst still in the UK. Does she not fancy going back a year and doing her Oz eviq. Then she will make loads of friends at school. That is what we are going to do next July. I have heard its hard to get into college in oz on the back of GCSEs, which is another reason why our daughter will be repeating her final year at school. Correct me if I am wrong, obviously you are already there and have spoken to colleges.

I would imagine if your daughter did go to College then she would make loads of friends.

good luck with whatever you do.
She will be going to a TAFE which is a type of college for adult education. She wants to do childcare but cannot start until she gets her GCSE results. I understand they stay at school until they are 18 over here so its difficult for my daughter, but she doesn't mind going to a TAFE. At least she will have the opportunity to make friends. She is going to have to get a part time job too. Harsh it may seem but she needs to grow up a bit and gain some independence as she is still tied very tightly to my apron strings. My fault I suppose as I'm very protective. Anyway, we will see. Where are you planning to move to and are you coming over on a skilled visa? Thats waht we did..
Old Jul 17th 2005, 4:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you think about it, doing that on every thread makes the forum impossible to read.
Which is why a lot of such posts are deleted by moderators.

Jeremy