Reload this Page >

HELP PLEASE! TRA assesment paperwork

HELP PLEASE! TRA assesment paperwork

Old Jul 17th 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

stephanikka is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP PLEASE! TRA assesment paperwork

Hi everyone!
We are currently in the process of trying to migrate to Australia under the skilled visa.
Hubby is a carpenter and joiner.
My problem is this, they need an apprenticeship reference, my first problem is that my husband did his apprenticeship 25 years ago and the company no longer exists, so he has to self certify, which leads to my second problem, I have to write it coz he works non stop!
Please please please could someone help with this reference? I can do the other work related ones but I don't know the process of training and he can't remember what he was paid or what he was taught when, he just learned the job. He has his City and Guilds certificates but I just don't know how to start, or what to write.
I have 4 small kids at home with me so if you can help get one written I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2005, 2:21 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP PLEASE! TRA assesment paperwork

Hiya there and welcome!

You may be better of posting this in the immigration forum

Regards and best of luck with that application!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

stephanikka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Hiya there and welcome!

You may be better of posting this in the immigration forum

Regards and best of luck with that application!
Thanks! doing that now!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 7:19 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We're applying under the 138 Skilled Australian Sponsored visa. My hubby has had to do his assessment for the TRA (He works in Telecoms). Some of the companies he worked for don't exist anymore but we were told just to give their name and last known address which we did. Also, BT (who he worked for many years ago) don't give out references so my husband was told to write his own job description which he did. We were told to do all this by our agent, and we've passed the TRA.
Have you thought about hiring an agent to help you out here? We probably couldn't have done this without one, as they know what to do if you get problems such as yours (and ours!). Our agent also sent us sample details to write in the assessment and that helped also.

Hope this helps.

Julie

Last edited by Juliecabs; Jul 17th 2005 at 7:22 pm. Reason: Needed to put more info in.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 7:32 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hi Stephany,

As per the PM earlier, I have emailed you LOADS of helpful information.

Let me know if you need anything else at all!

Claire
x