Teenage son

Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teenage son

Hi there

We move out to the Gold Coast in 2 weeks time and our 19 year old son is comming with us.

He will only be staying until September when he will return to the UK to continue with his degree at Leeds Uni.

The area we are hoping to setle in is Coolangatta / Bonogin (almost on the border with NSW).

Do any of you who already live out that way have children around Anthony's age as it would be nice for him to get to meet some people his own age.

Many thanks

Sharon
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:31 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

we're also moving out to the goldcoast with our 18yr old son , would also be interested in replies!

all the best plum
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:18 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Teenage son

Originally posted by Pasquill
Hi there

We move out to the Gold Coast in 2 weeks time and our 19 year old son is comming with us.

He will only be staying until September when he will return to the UK to continue with his degree at Leeds Uni.

The area we are hoping to setle in is Coolangatta / Bonogin (almost on the border with NSW).

Do any of you who already live out that way have children around Anthony's age as it would be nice for him to get to meet some people his own age.

Many thanks

Sharon

Let me ask you a question; is there any issues with him meeting Australian kids his own age?
Old Jun 19th 2004, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Let me ask you a question; is there any issues with him meeting Australian kids his own age?
Sorry...my post was not meant to sound like I had issues. I just thought it would be nice if he met up with some people when we got there.

Last edited by Pasquill; Jun 19th 2004 at 3:45 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Hi,

We are not going to the Gold Coast, we are heading to Cairns in 3 weeks. Just to let you know that we are also taking our 18 year old daughter with us but she too is coming back in September to finish her final year at college.

Mandy
Old Jun 19th 2004, 4:08 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
magic answer !
kids that age make pals no probs. u might not believe it, but without their parents finding them
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:55 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

At 19, he's no longer considered a "kid" under Australian law, so it's probably a moot point.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on a PR visa or a temporary visa?
Does your son plan to settle in Australia when he finishes his degree?

If so, he needs to be very careful to stay on the right side of the relevant visa rules (which could include dependency, visa validity and resident return visas - depending on the visa you have).

Jeremy

Hi there

Many thanks

Sharon
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JAJ

If so, he needs to be very careful to stay on the right side of the relevant visa rules (which could include dependency, visa validity and resident return visas - depending on the visa you have).

Jeremy
My husband has Australian Citizenship and Anthony and I have PR visas
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JAJ

Jeremy
My husband has Australian Citizenship and Anthony and I have PR visas. Anthony fully intends to live in Oz at the end of his degree, in fact he has already looked at Sydney Conservatoire to do a post graduate course.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 1:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Is your husband Anthony's father and was he an Australian citizen when Anthony was born?

If so, have you investigated registration as an Australian citizen by descent? The age limit used to be 18 but is now one's 25th birthday. If your husband is Australian by descent (as opposed to birth or naturalisation) then there is a residence requirement he has to meet, but if you haven't looked already it's worth doing so to check.

Otherwise, he has to be fully aware of his PR visa validity and make sure he returns to Australia before the re-entry facility expires. And once the re-entry facility on his PR visa does expire, he needs a Resident Return Visa to even take a short holiday outside Australia.

His time spent studying overseas will not count for getting Australian citizenship by grant, nor for a Resident Return Visa.
If confused about the rules, it's important to get some professional advice as the RRV rules are complex.

Jeremy

My husband has Australian Citizenship and Anthony and I have PR visas. Anthony fully intends to live in Oz at the end of his degree, in fact he has already looked at Sydney Conservatoire to do a post graduate course.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JAJ
Is your husband Anthony's father and was he an Australian citizen when Anthony was born?

If so, have you investigated registration as an Australian citizen by descent? The age limit used to be 18 but is now one's 25th birthday. If your husband is Australian by descent (as opposed to birth or naturalisation) then there is a residence requirement he has to meet, but if you haven't looked already it's worth doing so to check.

Otherwise, he has to be fully aware of his PR visa validity and make sure he returns to Australia before the re-entry facility expires. And once the re-entry facility on his PR visa does expire, he needs a Resident Return Visa to even take a short holiday outside Australia.

His time spent studying overseas will not count for getting Australian citizenship by grant, nor for a Resident Return Visa.
If confused about the rules, it's important to get some professional advice as the RRV rules are complex.

Jeremy
My husband is Anthony's step-father. Anthony will be validating his visa in 2 weeks time when he comes out with us. He will return to the UK in September.

When his course finishes (he has another 3 years to go) he will then live full time in Australia. In the meantime he will study in the UK but spend Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks with us.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:41 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sharon,
We have lived in Varsity lakes, near robina for nearly a year now and have three kids. Two teenage boys, 17 and 15 and a 10 year old daughter. If your son wants to meet up with Luke or sam, email me and we can arrange something. Luke has just passed his driving test, God help us!!!! and has settled in quite well. He has a job as a apprentice shopfitter. Bonogin is really nice, only 10 mins from us. If you need advise or just a friendly pom to chat with get in touch, regards Louisaxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:44 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Just sent thread to Pasquill regarding teenage sons. We have two of them, so if you feel like meeting up feel free to email us. Any help or advise I can give, dont hesitate to contact me. Where do you hope to settle. We are in varsity lakes, fab place.Regards Louisaxxx