Teaching jobs

Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching jobs

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So why go for sponsorship? Teaching positions, especially for the younger years, are hard won. You are making things much harder for yourself in sseeking sponsorship and a job. Why not get the visa and then you only have to do the job bit.
Am I going about this all wrong? I thought that to gain PR and for my points to be what I need them to be (65?) I had to have a years work experience? Or can I do the whole mutual recognition between Aus and NZ and use that for PR? Blimey, I've read that much I'm getting myself all confuzzled now...

I'll go and have another look see!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Am I going about this all wrong? I thought that to gain PR and for my points to be what I need them to be (65?) I had to have a years work experience? Or can I do the whole mutual recognition between Aus and NZ and use that for PR? Blimey, I've read that much I'm getting myself all confuzzled now...

I'll go and have another look see!
Well I haven't seen your points test so I don't know where you are with that.

But if you are saying that you have no experience then you would not be eligible for either a skilled migrant or an employer sponsored visa. Both require experience, further the sponsored ENS visa will require at least three years experience, whereas the skilled migrant only 12 months is mandatory for the visa itself (although you might need more for points).
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

But if you are saying that you have no experience then you would not be eligible for either a skilled migrant or an employer sponsored visa. Both require experience, further the sponsored ENS visa will require at least three years experience, whereas the skilled migrant only 12 months is mandatory for the visa itself (although you might need more for points).
Thanks. I've just checked it and I do need the 12m experience, which was my original plan to go for the 175. I just thought I'd try my luck getting my CV out there in the meantime, and I have had another bite while I was out today. Someone in QLD wants to interview me...
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:24 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Though unless things have changed in the last two years ENS has an option to apply for exemption from either the age or experience if your employer can demonstrate the difficulty filling the position with an Australian.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Though unless things have changed in the last two years ENS has an option to apply for exemption from either the age or experience if your employer can demonstrate the difficulty filling the position with an Australian.
Yes fair enough. Although with 800 applicants for similar roles it could be hard to prove this.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

OK so things have progressed again from this morning.

Employer who contacted me from Brisbane this morning wants to know what the requirements are for them, exactly what is expected of them regarding sponsorship. They are still keen on interviewing me for the position as I sent them a copy of my academic transcript showing my grades and completion, and she was very impressed.

I think I need to speak to the infamous George and see what I/we can do for sponsorship.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes fair enough. Although with 800 applicants for similar roles it could be hard to prove this.
Exactly my feelings! I've got to try though
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:56 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I think I need to speak to the infamous George and see what I/we can do for sponsorship.
I agree, could be a few dollars well spent- good luck!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

OK so things have progressed again from this morning.

Employer who contacted me from Brisbane this morning wants to know what the requirements are for them, exactly what is expected of them regarding sponsorship. They are still keen on interviewing me for the position as I sent them a copy of my academic transcript showing my grades and completion, and she was very impressed.

If you are impressive and a graduate you may have more luck. As an old timer (12 years), even with my 'impressive' CV and extra quals. they'd rather go cheap........

I was told by a friend in the QLD Ed Dept that the top grads that have trained in QLD, then Australia get the cushiest jobs in Brisbane, and basically the lower the grades you have the further out in regional QLD you go unless you're happy to CRT.......

Get going on your registration as if I remember when I started the process in QLD, they took ages to register. Again, you may benefit from coming from NZ. They actually told me on the phone that they are often busy with Australian applications and so they put the applications from overseas to the bottom straight away!!! I think that's just cheeky! Vic on the other hand apologised that it would take 6 weeks over the busy season - QLD quoted months! Scratch this last paragraph as I've just seen you have already sorted this!

Last edited by itigo; Dec 1st 2011 at 7:28 am. Reason: Just reread earlier post!