Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

teaching- how much exp needed

teaching- how much exp needed

Old Apr 1st 2002, 10:13 am
sarah

Default teaching- how much exp needed

i think i have asked this question before, but i am still confused. i have 1 years sec teaching exp. can i apply to emm 2 oz, or do i need 3 years exp. the reason i ask is because on the aust imm website, it says under basic req that you have 2 have worked in your job for the last 12 out of 18 months prior to application. whereas on another page under skilled cat. it says to get the 10 or the 5 points u need to have worked in your job for 3 out of the last 4 years b4 app to emm? please can someone help to clear this is up for me, thanks
sarah

Old Apr 2nd 2002, 9:41 pm
Heidi

Default Re: teaching- how much exp needed

Sarah

From memory, to get points for your occupation as a teacher you need skills assessed
by NOOSR and three years experience in the job you are skilled in.

Cheers

Heidi "sarah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > i think i have asked this question before, but i am still confused. i have 1 years
    > sec teaching exp. can i apply to emm 2 oz, or do i need 3 years exp. the reason i
    > ask is because on the aust imm website, it says under basic req that you have 2
    > have worked in your job for the last 12 out of 18 months prior to application.
    > whereas on another page under skilled cat. it says to get the 10 or the 5 points u
    > need to have worked in your job for 3 out of the last 4 years b4 app to emm? please
    > can someone help to clear this is up for me, thanks sarah
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Re: teaching- how much exp needed

Hi - in answer to your question

Your need 12 months experience in order to gain 60 points
if your are under 29 your will score 30 points
can speak fluent english 20 points

total 110 which is the pass mark

your only need 3 years if you which to score an addition 10 points for recent work experience (not needed)

I know this information as i myself am about to apply - the agent would not have took me on unless i passed the points test

I also know because i have been wanting to move to australia for 3 years now and have worked my career in order to pass the test -

therefore u can go to the BALL CINDERELLA

AUSTRALIA AWAITS U - Get in contact with me at [email protected] or My agent

Ian Harrop Assocciates in Burford Oxfordshire
Ring 192 for telephone number

They are the best and cheapest agents i have found

Hope all this info helps -

TAMBO