Teaching in auz

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

carrieandphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in auz

I am a 4th Year teaching student who is coming to the end of my course and will soon be starting my NQT (newly qualified teacher) year which is compulsory in the UK, once this is done I am looking to move to AUZ preferably Perth. Could anyone tell me about finding a job in Perth as a teacher and whether or not UK teachers are likely to get a job over Auz ones? Also whether one year teaching experience is enough or will I have to wait a bit longer? Thanks in advance and sorry for so many questions!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:12 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know much about the qualifications but i do know people in some professions have a real problem having there qualifications recognised here.Doctors have the problem..!
You might want to do a search for the teaching association of australia and send them an email.The teachers here have to do a university degree to qualify.There are also positions for teachers aides.
Good luck
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:17 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya

I am a teacher in this country and have been teaching for 6 years. If you look at this web site www.dest.gov.au/noosr it gives you all the info you need on the assessment process. It currently states that you have to have done a total of 30 days supervised teaching practise. If your 4 year course was is anything like mine you would have done well over that. I did a minimum of 164 days, so hopefully when my NOOSR goes off next week I will meet the necessary standard for a positive assessment.

Best of luck

Sarah
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[
I think you need to talk to a consultant . one of my friends is AUSTRALIAN , when she returned to Oz last yr after teaching in Singapore 10 yrs couldn't teach in Melbourne because they now require 4 yrs training and she only had three yrs..
I am a teacher too and I thought I'd read that I need to show I've worked for the last 3 yrs as a teacher- if under 44- and going for PR. I'm over the age limit so am having to work out another route to live there!
hope you make it:-)
Heleinuk

Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:54 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

helinuk,

On NOOSR form it says I have to provide evidence that I have worked at least one year in last three as a teacher. I must be honest I wasn't aware of there being an age limit.

Best of Luck
Sarah