Reload this Page >

Teaching in Aussie

Teaching in Aussie

Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:25 pm
db1
Just Joined

db1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in Aussie

Looking for information on teaching in Aussie. My wife and I are teachers in the states and are looking for a new adventure. Do they like hiring teachers from overseas? Are there many jobs available? Private/Public? What areas would you recommend?

If not teaching what other jobs might better.

We also have a question about the medical insurance. Is it similar to Canada's plan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:24 pm
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Teaching in Aussie

No prob ... we seem to have teacher shortage which will get worse as the baby boomer teachers retire.

Teachers from the States?

I think most Aussie Kids don't worry about your accent , colour, faith or where you are from.

So long as thay can understand what you say, you teach well and care for them, and you can show them leadership, fair discipline and kindness... they will love you forever!

Aussie Kids, yep they got a little attitude ... but overall a very nice attitude ... you care for them, you get it back 100 fold!...

My classess in a government school 8's, 10's and 11's are made up of absolutely lovely kids!

Yep .. I bark now and again ...

But the kids are nice 99.99 % of the time!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
db1
Just Joined

db1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in Aussie

What area do you teach in? Is government the same as Public? Can you make enough money to survive?

Last edited by db1; Apr 14th 2007 at 2:45 pm.