citizenship??

Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:01 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default citizenship??

i see that they are changing the law regarding citizenship(2years -4)..

does not being a citizen matter?

does it mean you miss out on anything?

thanks...ast
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:06 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizenship??

I think the only thing that you can't do until you become a citizen is vote.

Might be wrong, there might be loads of other stuff, never really given it much thought.

Louise
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:11 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

thanks...ast
I understand you will need a re-entry visa if you leave Oz if are not a citizen. Also if you leave for 5(ish) years (I think), you do not have automatic right of re-entry and will have to re apply for PR...... You wouldn't want to go through all that again, would you? :-0
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:15 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I understand you will need a re-entry visa if you leave Oz if are not a citizen. Also if you leave for 5(ish) years (I think), you do not have automatic right of re-entry and will have to re apply for PR...... You wouldn't want to go through all that again, would you? :-0
you can say that again,i haven't been through this one yet...!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:16 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

good point H20skineil, my sis in law found it a right pain having to get resident return visa each time she came back until she got her citizenship.

but ast should be ok waiting the 4 years till citizenship as i think he will have a 5 year visa.

Louise
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by louise4
good point H20skineil, my sis in law found it a right pain having to get resident return visa each time she came back until she got her citizenship.

but ast should be ok waiting the 4 years till citizenship as i think he will have a 5 year visa.

Louise
i only ask as i was going to come in june, if i ever get my visa,but i am on quite a good paying job so i was going to stay for the u.k summer..

it looks like i have found another excuse to come in june..

does the two years start from when your visa is granted or from when you validate it?

thanks...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:25 am
forever hopeful

i only ask as i was going to come in june, if i ever get my visa,but i am on quite a good paying job so i was going to stay for the u.k summer..

it looks like i have found another excuse to come in june..

does the two years start from when your visa is granted or from when you validate it?

thanks...

hey ast, what visa you getting.

we had a five year pr visa. in that time we can come and go as we please. after that we have to get RRV.

so, your legal in and out time in oz, without the need for RRV is from the date your visa is issued.

so, if you have a 2 year visa and enter after june, so needing to be here for 4 years until citizenship. should you leave oz after your visa expires you would have to get RRV. not too hard i don't think. just make sure you get it before you leave. sis in law had an emergency home and had loads of crap when she returned.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:29 am
Banned

hey ast, what visa you getting.

we had a five year pr visa. in that time we can come and go as we please. after that we have to get RRV.

so, your legal in and out time in oz, without the need for RRV is from the date your visa is issued.

so, if you have a 2 year visa and enter after june, so needing to be here for 4 years until citizenship. should you leave oz after your visa expires you would have to get RRV. not too hard i don't think. just make sure you get it before you leave. sis in law had an emergency home and had loads of crap when she returned.
i am coming on a skilled visa,i am sorry to be a thick head but its the one where i can work anywhere in oz
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:30 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

thanks...ast
The ones I can remember, beyond voting, not having citizenship means that you:

*Can't work in any federal government jobs
*Can't obtain a 'security clearance' for employment purposes
*Can't obtain HECS fee help for university places
*Will require an RRV to leave and enter the country once your permanent visa expires

I think there are some more, but I can't recall them just this minute.

Worth getting.

S
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:31 am
forever hopeful

i am coming on a skilled visa,i am sorry to be a thick head but its the one where i can work anywhere in oz
from one thickie to another hope all goes great for you. if you do stay for the summer you will have 2 summers on the spin rather than 2 winters like we had. we found that quite hard
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:33 am
Banned

from one thickie to another hope all goes great for you. if you do stay for the summer you will have 2 summers on the spin rather than 2 winters like we had. we found that quite hard
i am on a 136MDL

does that only last for 2 years?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:36 am
forever hopeful

i am on a 136MDL

does that only last for 2 years?

we have 136 and they are for 5 years. don't know if you can get any other terms for the same visa
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:40 am
Banned

thanks all.

i am gutted about losing my vote,i am not sure if i want to come now..
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:41 am
forever hopeful

thanks all.

Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

thanks all.

You can still vote in uk elections if that's any consolation...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.