Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teacher of Business Education - Any jobs in WA??

Teacher of Business Education - Any jobs in WA??

Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

big yin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teacher of Business Education - Any jobs in WA??

I am a Teacher of Business Education with 2 years teaching experience. I am currently working towards a Diploma in Additional Support Needs.

I was just wondering what the job prospects were like for a Business Ed teacher. As mentioned in another post, my wife is a nurse and I am sure she won’t have any problems finding work. I am just concerned that we make the move and I cannot find suitable work.

Does the subject of Business Education form part of the WA Curriculum?

We have a good lifestyle still in the UK (e.g. 3 bedroom house, 2 cars and we travel abroad twice a year) and my biggest fear is to give that up to live in some backwater because we cannot afford a nice house. I am starting to panic and perhaps I am looking for some reassurance or something.

My wife’s cousin lives in Perth and has done so for many years. She lives with her husband in a fantastic house with a swimming pool and to a certain extent they are living the dream. We would also like to live the dream. If anyone has had a similar experience let me know.

My wife would earn approximately $38500 as a nurse and I would earn approximately $58,000. Would this be enough to live a comfortable life? We would also be planning to have a family which would remove my wife’s salary.

Sorry if I sound a wee bit negative or panicky but we are desperate to move but I think we would like some reassurance first.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Big Yin
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher of Business Education - Any jobs in WA??

A fan of billy Connolly?
(Big Yin)
?

Check out the thread that says "are there any british teachers in oz"
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

This is the thread

Be prepared!
I'm looking to teach too.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:15 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Hello there,

I worked for the Ed Dept in WA as a humanities and english teacher. WA is currently experiencing a teaching shortage. There are a quite a few jobs in WA teaching business studies, and if you can teach IT then that is as added bonus. Are you a high school teacher? There is also TAFE which teaches school leavers (17-20 years of age). Your experience will do you in good stead, though getting a job in the Perth metro area can be difficult. Are you prepared to teach in the country?

Also, there is a high demand for relief (supply) teachers and once a school gets to know you then you can often find a long term post with them. You have to apply to the school directly, and be registered with the Ed dept. It pays well, though can be inconsistant. It is a good option while you are waiting for something more permanent. Apply to all the private schools too. Contact the ED Dept and find out how overseas teachers register. If you email them, they are very good at applying.

All the best.