Westpac
21.21%
Other
57.58%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Pick your favourite bank

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:14 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pick your favourite bank

I've seen lots of opinions on banks but never a poll. I thought it might be nice to see it in numbers for a change.

Feel free to post your opinions on the banks.

Haley
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:38 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pick your favourite bank

Originally Posted by comet555
I've seen lots of opinions on banks but never a poll. I thought it might be nice to see it in numbers for a change.

Feel free to post your opinions on the banks.

Haley
I think you're gonna get more 'other' than anything else. Might be worth adding a few more on if you can to show a better overall picture. I've voted 'other' as I would recommend NAB.

Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Bank of queensland wins hands down for me
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

ANZ - really happy with them. Helpful staff, branches all over the place and really easy to open an account with them
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:16 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I think you're gonna get more 'other' than anything else. Might be worth adding a few more on if you can to show a better overall picture. I've voted 'other' as I would recommend NAB.

Cheers
Same here!

Andrew
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Anz
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:16 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

www.stgeorge.com.au for us.

No monthly fees, no EFTPOS or ATM fees as long as you maintain a certain balance in your account.

The standard ATM card also carries the VISA symbol, like a UK debit card -- something that many of the other banks don't do.

Downside: There aren't too many St George ATMs knocking around, but you can always do cash-out in a supermarket if you're stuck.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:55 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

ANZ..............no fees!

They win hands down
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe 2 morons have picked Commonwealth bank so far.

You know what they say "a fool and his money is easily parted"
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:05 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

I'm with you on this one renth - we went with them when we first arrived but soon learnt the error of our ways - daylight bloody robbery!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

Here's a third moron They have been brilliant with us. Fantastic over the counter service, really helpful lady when we arrived who sorted the transfer from the UK account for us, great staff in our local branch.

Maybe we're the exception that proves the rule, but we're happy with them so far.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:06 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo

Cheers

Good suggestion, although I don't think you can change a poll once it's started. I choose those 3 banks as those are the ones I've seen mentioned debated most often. Although I'm starting to think that Anz is a popular choice.

I have noticed that a lot of the complaints about banks are that they charge fees. I'm surprised that this is such a big issue. In Canada almost every bank charges some sort of monthly fee, although if you maintain a certain balance it's usually waved. I believe mine is about $7 a month but if you keep over $2000 in the account for the whole month then you don't have to pay the fee. So I just make sure I don't let it drop below that. So for me that's sort of a non issue.

Haley