Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax threshold box not ticked in employment form

Tax threshold box not ticked in employment form

Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Tax threshold box not ticked in employment form

Hi all!

My wife and myself didn't tick the tax-threshold box in the form at the time we started our jobs.. As soon as we noticed, I notified to my payroll dept. and they refunded the money on my account. Another story was my wife as her employer (recruitment agency as she was a contractor) told her that they were't able to help her

Apparently this unpaid tax threshold can be claimed in the tax-return and I'm wondering under what figure that has to be written in the declaration form.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks all!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tax threshold box not ticked in employment form

I didn't tick mine either, done my claim this week and have 5k refund. Not sure of any thresholds sory. I have redone my form now so it's correct from now on
Old Jul 14th 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Oh when we did the return it was just recorded in my salary bit. Sorry cant help as oh did it and not sure where it went, it was pretty simple though...
Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAR001
Hi all!

My wife and myself didn't tick the tax-threshold box in the form at the time we started our jobs.. As soon as we noticed, I notified to my payroll dept. and they refunded the money on my account. Another story was my wife as her employer (recruitment agency as she was a contractor) told her that they were't able to help her

Apparently this unpaid tax threshold can be claimed in the tax-return and I'm wondering under what figure that has to be written in the declaration form.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks all!
You wife will get a Payment Summary from her employer which will detail her gross pay and the tax she's paid for the year. She just needs to enter those figures in the Tax Return. The system automatically calculates the correct tax for the gross she's earned. If she's paid too much tax (which she will have done if she hasn't had the tax-free threshold) then she'll get a refund.

You don't have to do anything special. The system will work it all out.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Yes, you put your earnings and deductions in and it tells you if you over paid or not. I am in for a $3500 rebate!