Tax Returns

Old Jun 25th 2005, 3:55 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Tax Returns

Hi,

I arrived in Australia in December 2004 and started my work/job in April 2005.Since then I have paid the tax and PAYG.Do I need to fill out an income tax return this June 2005(using e-tax)?Or I have to fill an income tax return next year in June 2006?Please suggest

Thanks,
Syeda
Old Jun 25th 2005, 5:25 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Tax Returns

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

I arrived in Australia in December 2004 and started my work/job in April 2005.Since then I have paid the tax and PAYG.Do I need to fill out an income tax return this June 2005(using e-tax)?Or I have to fill an income tax return next year in June 2006?Please suggest

Thanks,
Syeda
You will need to lodge a return, between July 1st and Oct 30th 2005, and you will probably be due a refund, if you are entitled to the threshold allowances.

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...1/002&st=&cy=1

As an individual, you must lodge an income tax return if:

* you paid tax during the year

* you are eligible for the Senior Australians tax offset or the pensioner tax offset and you have taxable income more than the relevant income threshold
* you received a Commonwealth of Australia government allowance or payment and you have taxable income more than the relevant income threshold
* your taxable income exceeded certain amounts, or
certain other conditions apply to you.