Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

washing machine.

washing machine.

Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:10 pm
stevenpoole9

Default washing machine.

we have a washing machine that is only 12 months old, we had to replace our old one as it broke. Is it worth taking it with us to Brisbane? We've got room for it in the container but we've been told that most Australians use more "eco-friendly" top-loaders with 20 minute cycles. Our machine avarages a 1 1/2 to 2 hour cycle, so we would welcome using a shorter cycle with 3 children.

Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:11 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: washing machine.

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
we have a washing machine that is only 12 months old, we had to replace our old one as it broke. Is it worth taking it with us to Brisbane? We've got room for it in the container but we've been told that most Australians use more "eco-friendly" top-loaders with 20 minute cycles. Our machine avarages a 1 1/2 to 2 hour cycle, so we would welcome using a shorter cycle with 3 children.
Definitley take it. Top loaders are crap :scared: Can't you select a shorter cycle?

My washing machine is about 6 years old so I am going to buy a new Bosch to take with me.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Eco-friendly, maybe
Clothes friendly, never

Bring your front loader, you won't regret it
Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Eco-friendly, maybe
Clothes friendly, never

Bring your front loader, you won't regret it
Take it and then sell it on here - you'll have your hand bitten off by expats
Old Jun 24th 2005, 4:41 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Are Ozzie washing machines really that bad? Mine too old to bring and had planned to buy new when we got there

Jo
Old Jun 24th 2005, 4:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joanne
Are Ozzie washing machines really that bad? Mine too old to bring and had planned to buy new when we got there

Jo
Well, if you buy a new one there, make sure it's a front loader.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 5:11 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well, if you buy a new one there, make sure it's a front loader.
Just curious, whats wrong with toploaders?
Old Jun 24th 2005, 5:44 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Joanne
Just curious, whats wrong with toploaders?
They are shote.

They do not wash properly, they bend/stretch you clothes into all sorts of crazy shaped and if I forgot to mention they are shite.

I have 4 washing machines 3 top loaders and one front loader (i own and run a backpackers hostel) the day I bought my frontloader for my own washing was the best day of my life, finally I have clean bedding and a nice scent to my clothes that are still in the shape they were meant to be.

whatever anyone does make sure your bring a washing machine woth you if you can fit it in,they are cheaper in the UK. if you cant then buy a front loader here.

Kala
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:04 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Defo Defo Defo take your front loader, top loaders are for people who wear sacks (sorry to those who like them) australians use them because they can get more washing in in one go they positively fill it to bursting. we stayed with relies for a time and all my kids clothes were nackered after 4 weeks of being washed in her top loader. you get no nice smell no matter how much fabric conditioner you put in and i am sure the clothes come out with stains that weren't there before they went in .

Am calm now after my rant. i think front loaders are lovely take yours with you bugger the eco friendly.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:06 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Talking Re: washing machine.

We're taking our front loading washing machine as advised by a friend who already lives over there - so that says it all I suppose!

Lorraine
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by louise4
Defo Defo Defo take your front loader, top loaders are for people who wear sacks (sorry to those who like them) australians use them because they can get more washing in in one go they positively fill it to bursting. we stayed with relies for a time and all my kids clothes were nackered after 4 weeks of being washed in her top loader. you get no nice smell no matter how much fabric conditioner you put in and i am sure the clothes come out with stains that weren't there before they went in .

Am calm now after my rant. i think front loaders are lovely take yours with you bugger the eco friendly.
The Aussie government are now saying front loaders are more water efficient so wanting people to buy them. I bought mine out here. Cost the equivalent of UK price, good brand, and I am very pleased with it. From what I have seen I think Aussies are now beggining to be converted to them.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KatieStar
The Aussie government are now saying front loaders are more water efficient so wanting people to buy them. I bought mine out here. Cost the equivalent of UK price, good brand, and I am very pleased with it. From what I have seen I think Aussies are now beggining to be converted to them.
We recently had to renew our washer and got another front loader (used top loaders at rellies and had to throw heaps of clothes when we left). Price was comparable to UK, but the real saving was the guarantee. 5 year warranty for $50!!!! That would surely have been 100-150 pounds in UK?
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:05 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

We are looking to be coming out in January? so thought we might manager to make a killing in the Boxing Day sales
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
We recently had to renew our washer and got another front loader (used top loaders at rellies and had to throw heaps of clothes when we left). Price was comparable to UK, but the real saving was the guarantee. 5 year warranty for $50!!!! That would surely have been 100-150 pounds in UK?
That was good. The extended warrentee we were offered wasn't that good. We got 3 years free of charge though, so I thought that was good enough. I just hope it doesn't break on year 4 day 1. :scared:
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:10 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Pretty much every front loader and some top loaders you can get a $150 government grant towards, This is because they use a lot less water and leccy.

The above is in WA, I cannt comment on other states

Kla

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.