Tax or fees???

Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Tax or fees???

Does anyone know if you have to pay any kind of tax or fees on money you bring to oz with you?
Our bank already charges the transfer fees but do you pay anyhting in Oz?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax or fees???

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
Does anyone know if you have to pay any kind of tax or fees on money you bring to oz with you?
Our bank already charges the transfer fees but do you pay anyhting in Oz?

No, you don't pay tax on your money when you transfer it. You only pay tax on any interest it earns throughout the year (the Aus banks don't tax it like the UK ones do, so you have to declare it in your tax return)
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

so if i spend most of it on abusiness and house deposit, it won't cost me a thing?
Great just having a look at how much we can spend on a business and a house deposit.

Thanks a mil
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

your bank in Oz may charge a fee for recieving the money, but it should only be a few dollars
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olias
your bank in Oz may charge a fee for recieving the money, but it should only be a few dollars

Which banks charge that

I know the ANZ don't
Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Which banks charge that

I know the ANZ don't
Commonwealth didn't charge me a few years back either, though that could have changed, I haven't transfered any money into it for a while.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Which banks charge that

I know the ANZ don't

It's just what I've read whilst doing research for my move.

If it's not the case then great! a few less dollars to shell out!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Olias
It's just what I've read whilst doing research for my move.

If it's not the case then great! a few less dollars to shell out!

It actually wouldn't suprise me

Stick with one of the bigger banks like ANZ or Wesztpac