Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in or around the Robina area?

Anyone in or around the Robina area?

Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:15 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in or around the Robina area?

Coming over for a Rekkie in a couple of weeks and obviously have to look at employment stuff. Could you tell me if there are many industrial areas around there? Hubby is in printing.

The Gold Coast Bulletin...is that the main place to see jobs advertised or is there a better source?

Cheers
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in or around the Robina area?

Hi Tracy,

Just a quick one. Check out the web site www.seek.com this is the main web site for jobs in oz.

We live in merrimac which is very close to Robina. You will love it over here. By the way it is cold at the moment so bring some warm clothes.

Gail
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:36 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

We live in merrimac
Do you like it? Hows it for living? We will be up in GC in 2 weeks for a look at some areas. Merrimac and Robina are 2 of those.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Do you like it? Hows it for living? We will be up in GC in 2 weeks for a look at some areas. Merrimac and Robina are 2 of those.
We love it here. Have a great life and love Merrimac and work in Robina. If you want to know anything just let me know.

Sunshine23
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sunshine23
We love it here. Have a great life and love Merrimac and work in Robina. If you want to know anything just let me know.

Sunshine23
HI Sunshine 23

Where do you work in Robina - we are heading out that way around November time, lived there last year and love Robina. Struggled to find work though. How did you find it?

Merrimac is lovely too, hubby played football out there for a while.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi we live in Robina ( for now ) and think it is a great place. There are no large industrial areas within Robina but its well located for all the areas that do have them.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:25 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Hi Tracy,

Just a quick one. Check out the web site www.seek.com this is the main web site for jobs in oz.

We live in merrimac which is very close to Robina. You will love it over here. By the way it is cold at the moment so bring some warm clothes.

Gail
Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi we live in Robina ( for now ) and think it is a great place. There are no large industrial areas within Robina but its well located for all the areas that do have them.
Thanks for this. We're starting our rekkie off in Robina and working our way up the hinterlands all the way up to just north of Brisbane. Only a week to do it in so I need to find out as much info as possible before we go.

People keep telling me how much more beautiful it is over there compared to here, I'm looking forward to seeing that.

And I've already packed my brolly and waterproof jacket!!!

Anyone got anymore info on decent areas up the hinterlands with good schools, semi-rural, but close enough to industrial areas for OH to work?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Thanks for this. We're starting our rekkie off in Robina and working our way up the hinterlands all the way up to just north of Brisbane. Only a week to do it in so I need to find out as much info as possible before we go.

People keep telling me how much more beautiful it is over there compared to here, I'm looking forward to seeing that.

And I've already packed my brolly and waterproof jacket!!!

Anyone got anymore info on decent areas up the hinterlands with good schools, semi-rural, but close enough to industrial areas for OH to work?
Hi, if you're looking for rural and industrial, check out Ormeau and Yatala, which are about 20-30 minutes from Gold Coast and about 30 -40 minutes from Brisbane. Yatala has a very big industrial area, with loads of factories, etc.