Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax on Christmas Presents??

Tax on Christmas Presents??

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:38 am
Soon to be Bris!

Chris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really nice
Default Tax on Christmas Presents??

I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light before I go out and start buying the kids presents before we come to Brisbane in March 08

Will we have to pay tax on them, as they'll obviusly be less than a year old? Need to know before all the rellies start buying stuff that we can't take over with us!

Any advise would be great

Ta,

Jaime x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tax on Christmas Presents??

Originally Posted by Chris&Jaime
I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light before I go out and start buying the kids presents before we come to Brisbane in March 08

Will we have to pay tax on them, as they'll obviusly be less than a year old? Need to know before all the rellies start buying stuff that we can't take over with us!

Ta,

Jaime x
Not as far as I am aware??
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:39 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris&Jaime

Ta,

Jaime x
good point.

what about leaving gifts as well? house warmimg gifts for new house in oz etc?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
good point.

what about leaving gifts as well? house warmimg gifts for new house in oz etc?
We went over last christmas and took xmas pressies in our cases wrapped up just declaired them and all was ok, no charges or querys.

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:56 am
Soon to be Bris!

Chris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really nice

With the kids being 4 and 7 I'm not expecting small prezzies, so I don't think they'll fit in our cases! I think I read somewhere about getting a signed note stating that they were gifts, but not sure how true that is.