Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tattoos in Perth

Tattoos in Perth

Old Jun 24th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tattoos in Perth

Can anyone recommend a tattoo studio in Perth that they have used?

I want a tribal piece on my back and was going to get it done in Cornwall but the place is booked out until we leave, guess it will have to be done Perthside.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice
Default Re: Tattoos in Perth

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare

I want a tribal piece on my back and was going to get it done in Cornwall but the place is booked out until we leave, guess it will have to be done Perthside.
I seem to remember a couple in Northbridge, which looked okay (as far as you can tell just by looking! ) Sorry -don't want to reccomend in case it's crap!! There were plenty of real cool tribal designs on display tho, I like a lot of the Maori ones.... Hope you find what you want there....

Jamie
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Don't mean to hijack the thread guys, but have a question of a similar nature so thought it good to post here!

I am planning on getting some pretty major cover up work done on both arms and shoulders soon (ex squaddie!! Bulldogs, union Jacks...you name it)!

Want to get something timeless and meaningful (no, really...well, this time round anyway).....have seen some pretty cool Mauri type work around and wondered if anyone knew of a good place in Oz to get this kind of thing done, or at least get some designs drawn up? Was thinking the tribal/ celtic thing had had it's day..
Anyone got any advice re: other ideas that may look cool?

TIA

Rob
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare

hi there

my husband had a big tattoo done over here and was very impressed with the place. It was an intricate chinese dragon with lots of colour and detail. The finished result is pretty amazing, am thinking of having one done myself!!

Anyway, it comes highly recommended:

The TATT Shop - 61a James St, Northbridge
Telephone: 92278082

www.thetattshop.com.au

The website is good. I think "Barry" did gareth's tatt.

love sophia xx
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sophia
hi there

my husband had a big tattoo done over here and was very impressed with the place. It was an intricate chinese dragon with lots of colour and detail. The finished result is pretty amazing, am thinking of having one done myself!!

Anyway, it comes highly recommended:

The TATT Shop - 61a James St, Northbridge
Telephone: 92278082

www.thetattshop.com.au

The website is good. I think "Barry" did gareth's tatt.

love sophia xx

Thanks Sophia, a good recommendation goes a long way. I will take a look when I get there.

Rob, 2 years ago I had a major coverup done over a large swallow/heart combo (yeah I know, fkin stupid but I was 19) and had the coverup done in a small studio in Falmouth. The guy said he could only cover it in solid black so I ended up having a solid tribal shark done which I am not happy with. I'm not sure what to do with it now as it is basically a massive black lump and I think my only option would be to save up for laser erasing and have a new tat put in it's place. Last year I had a coverup for my first tat (rose with my name in it, what was I thinking???) and the guy gave me a really good colourful chinese dragon. You don't have to have a black piece as a coverup if you have a decent tattooist. I haven't got any pics online of the newest coverup but I'll sort it some time later in the week.

original:

Coverup:
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamiem
I seem to remember a couple in Northbridge, which looked okay (as far as you can tell just by looking! ) Sorry -don't want to reccomend in case it's crap!! There were plenty of real cool tribal designs on display tho, I like a lot of the Maori ones.... Hope you find what you want there....

Jamie
Just be careful getting Maori tatts, if they have Totem significance, some maoris get p,ed off seeing them on"PAKEHAS"............ ..... mm
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:17 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr mover
Just be careful getting Maori tatts, if they have Totem significance, some maoris get p,ed off seeing them on"PAKEHAS"............ ..... mm
Yeah Mr Mover, that was a concern of mine and was going to be a follow up question......not so much of a problem in Blighty but I should imagine down under it's a bit more of an issue.

Still very undecided what to go for though........mauri was just a thought, anyone got any other ideas of what's hot and what's not?

As for the guy above with the cover up job, I *personally* think that you should go see a decent artist and have something added to that first cover up. It aint that bad and I think that with a decent bit of art work that will combine the exisiting black 'lump', could look OK.

I think anyone under the age of 30 should be banned from having tattoos...of course at 18 when we got them done, we were all worldly wise and KNEW exactly what we wanted - didn't we

I now have to live with popeye on my left shoulder, a flame, a drop of blood and the words 'hot blooded' on my right shoulder. My ex wife and HER daughters name on my left arm. Her name again on my right arm with the jap symbol for love (!!!!). A bulldog with the words 'proud to be british' and an 'England' scroll on my right arm. A bulldog sporting a union jack neck scarf on my left arm.....and a poxy ROlling Stones lip n tongue thing on my right thigh!!!!!!

But we ARE SOOoooo mature at 18...sigh....
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Yeah Mr Mover, that was a concern of mine and was going to be a follow up question......not so much of a problem in Blighty but I should imagine down under it's a bit more of an issue.

Still very undecided what to go for though........mauri was just a thought, anyone got any other ideas of what's hot and what's not?

As for the guy above with the cover up job, I *personally* think that you should go see a decent artist and have something added to that first cover up. It aint that bad and I think that with a decent bit of art work that will combine the exisiting black 'lump', could look OK.

I think anyone under the age of 30 should be banned from having tattoos...of course at 18 when we got them done, we were all worldly wise and KNEW exactly what we wanted - didn't we

I now have to live with popeye on my left shoulder, a flame, a drop of blood and the words 'hot blooded' on my right shoulder. My ex wife and HER daughters name on my left arm. Her name again on my right arm with the jap symbol for love (!!!!). A bulldog with the words 'proud to be british' and an 'England' scroll on my right arm. A bulldog sporting a union jack neck scarf on my left arm.....and a poxy ROlling Stones lip n tongue thing on my right thigh!!!!!!

But we ARE SOOoooo mature at 18...sigh....

havent read whole thread so sorry if speaking out of term - wouldnt it be better to have it done in perth to avoid probs with medicals?? i know you have to have more tests etc etc if you have tats and if it is relatively new and still crusty (Mmmm!!) then this might cause further probs?? just a thought??
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rooksie
havent read whole thread so sorry if speaking out of term - wouldnt it be better to have it done in perth to avoid probs with medicals?? i know you have to have more tests etc etc if you have tats and if it is relatively new and still crusty (Mmmm!!) then this might cause further probs?? just a thought??
Rooksie,

I fully intend to wait until we get to Oz. Partly because of your reasons suggested above but also because it will be a 'darn sight' cheaper

Anyone know any good tatt artists in or near to Brissie?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:50 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Rooksie,

I fully intend to wait until we get to Oz. Partly because of your reasons suggested above but also because it will be a 'darn sight' cheaper

Anyone know any good tatt artists in or near to Brissie?
As for the Maori tribal art.... a lot of the good guys *are* Maori, so choose one of them and you shouldn't have any trouble bro'.