Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:48 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

[QUOTE=Sammy T;8055598]
Originally Posted by Possums
back in Tas Hollywood was mental and fantastic at the same time, had a ball the wedding was fantastic. Now back to cold tassie

Welcome back!!

Cold Tassie? We are having a heatwave, gosh it got to 20c yesterday

Hope you had a really great trip, seems like you have been away for ages.

Sam
lol well have to eat my words its been beautiful yesterday and today really hot up here hope it continues.

had a great trip yes 3 and a half months!!

going to a halloween party tonight Colin is going as a zombie pirate and I'm going as a vampire

so lovely to come back to a long weekend, lots happening and Melbourne Cup on Tuesday

Originally Posted by Effie1970
welcome back Possums...

anyone going to Deloraine craft fair this weekend?
hi I know Gary & Vicky are there all weekend they are camping over there, we are supposed to be going tomorrow or Monday

Originally Posted by sharonp1953
Thank you so much for the reply. I am about to leave for the States for two weeks, so will look on my return. Wishing everyone well.

Cheers for now,

Sharon
no worries have a great trip
Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Possums;8059239]
Originally Posted by Sammy T

lol well have to eat my words its been beautiful yesterday and today really hot up here hope it continues.

had a great trip yes 3 and a half months!!

going to a halloween party tonight Colin is going as a zombie pirate and I'm going as a vampire

so lovely to come back to a long weekend, lots happening and Melbourne Cup on Tuesday

hi I know Gary & Vicky are there all weekend they are camping over there, we are supposed to be going tomorrow or Monday

no worries have a great trip
Have fun at your party

The weather was lovely yesterday and earlier today, was up to 25c yesterday woo hoo!! School fair tomorrow, so it's bound to rain Mind you, I'll be tucked up in bed as starting 4 nights tonight so OH will have to do his bit and show up in the rain!

Sam
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:20 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sammy T;8059359]

Have fun at your party

The weather was lovely yesterday and earlier today, was up to 25c yesterday woo hoo!! School fair tomorrow, so it's bound to rain Mind you, I'll be tucked up in bed as starting 4 nights tonight so OH will have to do his bit and show up in the rain!

Sam
nights shifts are awful, I used to work nights many years ago in a residential home

just a question for anyone, are you able to get the new channel 7two in Tasmania? only we have just found out about it but its not on our tv
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Possums;8063762]

nights shifts are awful, I used to work nights many years ago in a residential home

just a question for anyone, are you able to get the new channel 7two in Tasmania? only we have just found out about it but its not on our tv
Yes, night shifts are pretty crap, I just can't sleep very well in the day and end up tired for days but it fits in well with having children and sharing the car with OH. If I worked days we'd need 2 cars and I'd have to find somewhere for the children in the school holidays.

No, I don't think we can get the new channel, haven't heard about it actually so haven't tried re tuning the TV, what sort of programmes does it cover?

You must have brought the good weather back with you as it's been lovely here for days, bit cloudy at times but very warm.

Sam
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, one of my forays into the Tassie thread....... looking for some info!
Anyone with contacts in Tassie (preferably Hobart but I'm not fussy!!) in the fields of emergency planning/management, or the SES or anything along those lines - hospital emergency planning etc........
All info VERY gratefully recieved and feel free to pm me rather than post if you have contact details Could be some beers in it on my next trip south
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:21 am
(^v^)

[QUOTE=Sammy T;8063920]

Yes, night shifts are pretty crap, I just can't sleep very well in the day and end up tired for days but it fits in well with having children and sharing the car with OH. If I worked days we'd need 2 cars and I'd have to find somewhere for the children in the school holidays.

No, I don't think we can get the new channel, haven't heard about it actually so haven't tried re tuning the TV, what sort of programmes does it cover?

You must have brought the good weather back with you as it's been lovely here for days, bit cloudy at times but very warm.

Sam
yes I could never sleep either.

lots of UK stuff with the sound of it and Corrie and Emmerdale!!!!

yep weather has been beaut, been over to Latrobe and Devonport yesterday and to Gunns Wildlife park today been lovely. Melbourne Cup ladies lunch tomorrow then holiday is finally over and back to reality!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Possums;8064093]

yes I could never sleep either.

lots of UK stuff with the sound of it and Corrie and Emmerdale!!!!

yep weather has been beaut, been over to Latrobe and Devonport yesterday and to Gunns Wildlife park today been lovely. Melbourne Cup ladies lunch tomorrow then holiday is finally over and back to reality!
Alright for some
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi guys, one of my forays into the Tassie thread....... looking for some info!
Anyone with contacts in Tassie (preferably Hobart but I'm not fussy!!) in the fields of emergency planning/management, or the SES or anything along those lines - hospital emergency planning etc........
All info VERY gratefully recieved and feel free to pm me rather than post if you have contact details Could be some beers in it on my next trip south
Sorry Polly, haven't got a clue but I'm sure Effie on here said she was previously involved in some form of emergency planning, maybe PM her.

Sam
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Polly, haven't got a clue but I'm sure Effie on here said she was previously involved in some form of emergency planning, maybe PM her.

Sam
Thanks for that, could be useful, I'll drop her a line.......!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

hi all...

Polly - have sent you a pm

grrr - wasnt getting notifications of new posts again

Wasnt the weekend great.. we went to deloraine fair on Sunday after lunch at the empire thai there, didnt stay for long but watched the glass blowing and had a bit of a wander, DD played on the bouncy castle.

DP has been doing some tree removal at our house, its amazing the difference it makes when you can see your garden!

We'll be going to the HOG rally this weekend and the jimmy barnes concert on Sat night - yay! we have a babysitter and will have only our 3rd night out 'child free' since DD was born!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

how is everyone?

very quiet in this thread... I might be heading up to devonport on Saturday and pay the devonport show a visit with DD
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:57 pm
(^v^)

how is everyone?

very quiet in this thread... I might be heading up to devonport on Saturday and pay the devonport show a visit with DD
Hiya yep thought it had died a death, didnt realise the show was on have you been before? not sure what we are doing yet
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

they have it advertised on the tv - its on today and tomorrow... i was thinking of visiting a friend in burnie afterwards and staying there overnight to come back home via the raspberry farm on Sunday...
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:38 am
(^v^)

they have it advertised on the tv - its on today and tomorrow... i was thinking of visiting a friend in burnie afterwards and staying there overnight to come back home via the raspberry farm on Sunday...
well enjoy it, I love the raspberry farm yummo
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

well enjoy it, I love the raspberry farm yummo
Yummy raspberries in chocolate, they were gone in seconds!!

Have a good time x

Yes, it is busy on here, think we are busy all living our lives, especially as the weather has been so nice lately. I've been very busy at work, doing a 2 day training course, and coping with the rush of babies, high fertility in Tas

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.