Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:21 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

I've had 3 encounters with Blue Tongue lizards in the last week, 1 outside the front door, 1 in the office at the club and the other crossing the road when driving .. I did stop for it been told that if they are around the snakes arent!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
I've had 3 encounters with Blue Tongue lizards in the last week, 1 outside the front door, 1 in the office at the club and the other crossing the road when driving .. I did stop for it been told that if they are around the snakes arent!
Thats good to know, or in my case not as I haven't seen any!!!

I did have to swerve in the road the other day though for an Echidna, it just casually strolled across the road like it had all the time in the world!!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Must be the warmer weather as we've had lots more spiders in the house, despite me spraying Mortein everywhere!

Was on the computer the other day and turned around to see a white tail spider just behind me, which was only identified because Alistair likes to takes a photo of each creepy crawly and then try to identify it in his "Venomous Creatures of Australia Book" (not one for bed time reading!)
After the photo session, spider was dispatched quickly

On the way home from school we take a short cut across some bushland and have seen lots of jack jumper ants and little lizards, and some wallabies one day too (Kerry, how can you eat them, they are so cute) I think as the weather warms up, we'll need to find another way home as it is pretty overgrown and you don't know what you may end up standing on

Sam
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Must be the warmer weather as we've had lots more spiders in the house, despite me spraying Mortein everywhere!

Was on the computer the other day and turned around to see a white tail spider just behind me, which was only identified because Alistair likes to takes a photo of each creepy crawly and then try to identify it in his "Venomous Creatures of Australia Book" (not one for bed time reading!)

On the way home from school we take a short cut across some bushland and have seen lots of jack jumper ants and little lizards, and some wallabies one day too (Kerry, how can you eat them, they are so cute) I think as the weather warms up, we'll need to find another way home as it is pretty overgrown and you don't know what you may end up standing on

Sam
Lambs are cute too, but if they taste good I'm all for it lol
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Lambs are cute too, but if they taste good I'm all for it lol

Yeah, fair point

Angus does not mind what he eats, he tucked into a goat burger at the Huon Show in Saturday only minutes after admiring the live ones and saying how cute they are!
He had a very tasty game burger one day when we were out and when I tried it I thought it was lovely until I knew what it was later!

Sam
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, fair point

Angus does not mind what he eats, he tucked into a goat burger at the Huon Show in Saturday only minutes after admiring the live ones and saying how cute they are!
He had a very tasty game burger one day when we were out and when I tried it I thought it was lovely until I knew what it was later!

Sam
lol When we first arrived Duncan's boss held a Bbq for all the employees, he served up these delicious burgers, which everyone lapped up. Then afterwards he announced that it was a deer that he had shot the weekend before!!!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Yeah, fair point

Sam
argh, I didn't see any goat burgers stall been dying to try goat meat. If I had some land I would have a goat they are very cute.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Teabag
argh, I didn't see any goat burgers stall been dying to try goat meat. If I had some land I would have a goat they are very cute.
They eat a lot of goat in Greece, we tried it once, it tastes a bit like mutton.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Argh I must get off this damn computer and do some bloody housework!!

This is one reason I don't turn the computer on during the day, I tend to get carried away.

Its a beautiful day today too, so might just soak up some sun this afternoon.

Laters my Tasmanian friends
X
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tryingtobehappy
Thanks everyone

Cathy i see your from Romford thats my homeground !!! Good luck with selling your house after christmas , it must be a huge pain.
We are definatley going to visit first, made that mistake before.
We are looking i suppose for the more laid back care free life, here in Perth it is soooooooooo i think the word is fake people are so into whos got bigger and better, and yes very americanised we were surprised at that when we arrived!
Though it is a stunning place and the beaches are gorgeous, just not for us.

The more i read about Tas the more excited i get and we also hope to try the more rural life but we need to work out distance and stuff for work obviously the rural life sounds great (except the spiders) but we need to earn money too so will attempt to find a happy medium!

Thanks Again
P.
Hi there - you're from Romford? Another one that managed to escape! It's not all bad is it? just has changed a lot over the years...
Hope you manage to sort out your trip to Tasmania - it'll definitely be worth it.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

oh yes, the bigger and better is definately a big thing in Perth!!!
Definitely agree with that. I think Andy's family have fallen into that trap - his sister seems to be wanting to accumulate land at the moment to build on!
They are very money and object motivated...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Possums
Not the same one following you is it?

Have you ever seen a blue ringed octopus? i was reading at the weekend a thread on BE by someone who's daughter got stung by one and hospitalised - and someone had replied on the thread saying where these could be found and Northern Tas was mentioned....
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Sam
Hi Sam, where did Ali get his book from? i think i might have to buy something like that myself!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Goat meat is actually quite nice - i've tried it on holiday a few times...
I think i prefer Goats cheese though!

Andy really likes goats - i dont know if it's just me - but does no-one think they have really strange eyes? i find their eyes a bit creepy!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Argh I must get off this damn computer and do some bloody housework!!

This is one reason I don't turn the computer on during the day, I tend to get carried away.

Its a beautiful day today too, so might just soak up some sun this afternoon.

Laters my Tasmanian friends
X
I'm just as bad. I'm here tapping away before Eden's even gone to school!
Will have to try and resist going on here again today though - got too much housework to do as well!
I must be mad seeing as i have to sit at a desk for more than 5 hours a day typing at work as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.